Unable to Access Gateway and Internet Failing

K1LL0G1CAL

My netduma R2 router has been acting up lately with us losing connection time and time again. I'm certain it isn't our ISP as I have spoken to them about it and they have even come down to our house and tested the ports and their unit. I have tried restarting the router by unplugging it and plugging it back again but the lights would turn on and it would turn back off except for the power light. I spoke to our ISP and they said that the router accessing the access point is acting like it's a new router but it's obviously not. The only way for me to access the internet is by holding the reset button in the back for 30 secs to try a factory reset but even by doing that, it wouldn't let me access the gateway and it only works when it's wired, and I couldn't see the wireless network at all.

• Administrators

Just to clarify, after a reset can you access the interface on a wired device? If not while connected via ethernet open command prompt on the PC, type ipconfig press enter and post a screenshot of the results here please.

No, I could not access the interface on a wired device. I have instead bought a new router and kept the R2 turned off all night. However, since the request you made regarding the screenshot, I have plugged it again just now and it seems to be working properly. In any case, I have attached the screenshot, which I would say is COMPLETELY different from what it was showing me last night, and I was not able to get a screenshot of that one unfortunately. However, I do remember the Default Gateway address was different and there were two addresses listed. Similarly, the IPv4 Address was different as well.

image.png.f4353bed3e995c43fb1695fd7d6eba93.png

Issue is that I've already done the unplugging last night, and quite a few times actually and it didn't remedy the problem. Also, I have just now tried to upgrade the firmware in the hopes that it would make the device run better but now, it's still stuck on the update and it's been well over 5 minutes. I'm afraid to even try to restart the router or anything. Also, when I first loaded the file, it restarted my router on its own, and now it's back up but stuck on the below screenshot.

image.png.f42343707e9106998d0a84f6577ed893.png

• Administrators

Usually it's for extended periods of time e.g. up to 24 hours. Did you upgrade while connected to WiFi? If so it probably disconnected you and you'd need to reconnect, refresh the page and see if it shows it upgraded on the System Information page

No, sir, it was done through a wired connection connected to my computer. Should I just leave that page up then? I opened up a new tab and accessed the Dashboard and it wasn't updated. Would it be wise to close the the page that's doing the update and run the firmware update again?

Both. It did after reboot last night and now as well after upgrade. It only allowed to even access that and give me an IP address AFTER holding the reset button at the back for about 30 seconds, and I'm not able to access the interface. How do I perform a factory reset then?

• Administrators

Perform it the same way you did previously - hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then wait 2 minutes before attempting access to the interface. Once it's all sorted on the new firmware it should be much more stable

• Administrators

Factory reset via the interface then get through the wizard as fast as you can then update and it should work and then resets should be better after that. If it doesn't get it back to where you can access the interface, enable remote support in WAN Settings and then we'll try to push an upgrade through next week