Lower SpeedTest results on Netduma R2

Oren Tasuna

Hi,

I constantly get lower results from SpeedTest (Ookla) on my Netduma R2 compared to when not using it.
I have 1000DL/100UL Fiber internet and my Netduma has only my PC connected it and my Playstation (turned of when doing the tests), and WiFi is completely disabled. 
QoS and network congestions are also disabled, and there isn't any other related setting I could find.

Firmware version is 394 and I did factory reset after updating to it.

I do my comparison against an Asus RT-AX82U, that has lots of clients connected to it during the test (2.4, 5g and WiFi 6 + wired clients), against same SpeedTest servers and at the same times and Asus router constantly gives better results (100-200MB DL difference, upload is the same).

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the exact physical setup as that will play a part in how the speeds are distributed

Not sure I understand... My PC and Playstation are both wired directly to Netduma (as I said, WiFi is disabled), all in same room, no interference. Did you mean something else?

• Administrators

What is the modem/router model the R2 is connected to - is it the Asus router? The WiFi is disabled on the R2 so are you using the ISP router WiFi or do you have another router/AP (Asus?) connected to the R2 providing WiFi?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the modem/router model the R2 is connected to - is it the Asus router? The WiFi is disabled on the R2 so are you using the ISP router WiFi or do you have another router/AP (Asus?) connected to the R2 providing WiFi?

R2 is connected directly to the Modem, I have two connection to 2 different ISPs, so my test on the R2 is clean without any overhead or additional hops.

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Oren Tasuna said:

R2 is connected directly to the Modem, I have two connection to 2 different ISPs, so my test on the R2 is clean without any overhead or additional hops.

8 hours ago, Oren Tasuna said:

Any update on this? could it be that R2 is applying some sort of QOS/bandwidth reservation although disabled?

Apologies, as it is the holidays replies will be slower. Understood, what speeds are you actually getting through the R2 on speedtest.net? What is the model of the modem/router it is connected to? 

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Oren Tasuna said:

Happy holidays :) on Asus router 800-900 MB (DL), on R2 500-600 (DL), both (when tested) connected to a D-LINK adapter (from optic cable to LAN)

Happy Holidays! In WAN Settings, disable the protection options, then retest the speed, what do you get then?