pppoe

Rylo

So I’m trying pppoe as the home hub 4000 advanced DMZ stopped giving me an open nat, I put in my ID and password for my bell services it says “pppoe <-> WAN connected” and when I get on call of duty I have an open nat, the R2 does not show up in my modems devices. 

my issues I’m having is, my speeds have dropped a lot I pay for 1000/750 I use to get around 900+ on the download with the R2 and 750+ on the upload I’m getting around 300 each now. 

also when I enable VLAN and enter 35 I get no internet on any devices connected to the R2 but when it’s disabled everything works fine

im not sure if this is how it works or not but I’m not able to sign into my modem using the R2s wifi anymore I assume that’s just how it works now tho

• Administrators

Presumably you've now put the Home Hub in modem mode right? If so then you can only have the R2 as the one device connected so it may not show any details and the IP for its interface may have changed as well. We usually recommend people have their ISP modem/router handle PPPoE for speed purposes so I don't think you'll be able to get around that, do you need VLAN?

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Presumably you've now put the Home Hub in modem mode right? If so then you can only have the R2 as the one device connected so it may not show any details and the IP for its interface may have changed as well. We usually recommend people have their ISP modem/router handle PPPoE for speed purposes so I don't think you'll be able to get around that, do you need VLAN?

I don’t believe the home hub 4000 has a space in settings for pppoe so it’s kinda the best I can do atm I was just having troubles with getting an open nat but the pppoe has fixed that, and I’m gonna assume I don’t need vlan as that’s the only thing making it not work I just wanted to make sure everything was working how it’s suppose too 

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It must be able to handle PPPoE surely if you weren't using PPPoE on the R2 previously? If you needed VLAN you wouldn't have internet so all good on that front

I always had the R2 WAN in the advanced DMZ to get a public IP but the home hub 4000 has alot of glitches and the advanced DMZ stopped giving me open nat and I believe it started having double nat issues so today is my first time trying PPPoE

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Rylo said:

I always had the R2 WAN in the advanced DMZ to get a public IP but the home hub 4000 has alot of glitches and the advanced DMZ stopped giving me open nat and I believe it started having double nat issues so today is my first time trying PPPoE

What platform are you playing on and where are you checking the NAT type, in game? If so which game, Vanguard?

• Administrators

Okay so the PS4 would say NAT Type 2 is that right? If so that is open, just means you're behind a router so the in game NAT readings may be incorrect. You could test it by trying to join someone else who has a moderate NAT, if you can join then you are open as two moderate NAT connections cannot connect directly