Apex legends 2% packet loss only on xbox

Putting out a feeler for help with troubleshooting this. It's on my XR500 with latest V2.3.2.130 firmware.

I moved recently to a more rural area and as such till fiber is in (it's planned by the co-op) I have T-mobile 5G home internet and average around 140 down and 14 up on a 2 bar weak signal. Before we moved we had Spectrum cable that was 350 down 25 up. I had this exact same issue before moving and it persists with new provider so I feel that rules out anything on the isp end.

This is on Apex legends only (all the different platforms) going off of in game server info. If I go through the 5G gateway wifi I have 0% packet loss every time. Xbox, ps5, pc or nintendo switch, 0% packet loss on all. If I go through the XR500 wifi (2.4 or 5) I always have 2% packet loss on xbox but not on ps5, pc or switch. It was exactly the same when I was still on cable with spectrum. Typically don't use the qos except in the evening but this issue is there regardless of qos being used or not.

Where can I start to pin down why this is happening? Again it is only on xbox version. The other platforms are 0% every time.

Edit: Just getting ahead here but wired is not an option at present although xr is wired to the gateway.

• Administrators

This will be quite a hard one to diagnose, given all the other platforms are fine which kind of rules out a real settings issue as there isn't any settings that would be specific to the Xbox over the others. Use a WiFi analyzer and find the least congested channel and change to that for 2.4GHz and use that. Are you using the Geo-Filter for the Xbox? If so disable it, does it make any difference?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This will be quite a hard one to diagnose, given all the other platforms are fine which kind of rules out a real settings issue as there isn't any settings that would be specific to the Xbox over the others. Use a WiFi analyzer and find the least congested channel and change to that for 2.4GHz and use that. Are you using the Geo-Filter for the Xbox? If so disable it, does it make any difference?

Yes it is quite the odd issue for sure. No on geo filter, not needed for apex as you can choose your region. Will try analyzer and report back, thanks!