Using a Deco M4 Mesh system as an access point connected to the R2 and my phone can't load several pages or apps

Rbk23

I am kind of at a loss here. I got the R2 the other day. I tried everything I can think of, factory reset everything, R2, Deco, my phone and I cannot get this figured out. 

Speed test on my phone is fine, if I plug the M4 directly into my modem it's fine, it is fine on other devices. I need the mesh system because the R2 isn't powerful enough to cover my whole house. 

• Administrators

If you take the Deco out of access point while connected to the R2 do you get internet through it? If so set it to AP again and see if it works. Might be if you set it to AP prior to connecting it to the R2 that that is why it isn't working.

29 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you take the Deco out of access point while connected to the R2 do you get internet through it? If so set it to AP again and see if it works. Might be if you set it to AP prior to connecting it to the R2 that that is why it isn't working.

I was getting internet out of it weather it was set to router or access point. It works except for some pages and apps on my phone. I will try and switch it back to router then back to access point while connect to the R2 to see if that fixes it. 

42 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

9 minutes ago, Rbk23 said:

I was getting internet out of it weather it was set to router or access point. It works except for some pages and apps on my phone. I will try and switch it back to router then back to access point while connect to the R2 to see if that fixes it. 

No luck. I can plug the M4 directly into my SB8200 modem as it has 2 ports, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the QOS on the R1. 

48 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you connect directly to the R2, can you access the pages/apps that you can't when connected to the deco?

Yea connecting my phone to the R2 Wifi everything works fine. Could it be some sort of ip address issue or conflict? 

24 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay interesting, when in AP mode does the phone get an IP address from the R2 i.e. 192.168.77.x or does it appear to be something else?

Yes in AP mode it gives my phone a 192.168.77.xx IP. 

• Administrators

What have you done with the R2 WiFi, have you disabled it, does it have a different name to the deco WiFi or the same name?

If it has the same name that maybe could be causing the issue so change the name or disable it and see if it works properly then.

37 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What have you done with the R2 WiFi, have you disabled it, does it have a different name to the deco WiFi or the same name?

If it has the same name that maybe could be causing the issue so change the name or disable it and see if it works properly then.

Yea both bands are turned off on the R2. I just turned them on when you asked me to check if the issue was happening when connected to the R2. 

• Administrators

Just to clarify, you have done a factory reset of the R2 and that didn't work at all? 

Try disabling QoS entirely in the Congestion Control menu :menu does it work then? If not disable the WAN protection options and check again

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just to clarify, you have done a factory reset of the R2 and that didn't work at all? 

Try disabling QoS entirely in the Congestion Control menu :menu does it work then? If not disable the WAN protection options and check again

Yes I have factory reset the R2 and the Deco M4. 

I turned off congestion control, Port Scan and Syn Flood protection under WAN and still no luck.

32 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This is a bit baffling to be honest, could you reach out to Deco support and see if they have any suggestions? It may be something they've seen before.

So upon further testing, this is also happening when connected to the R2 wifi. A lot of sites are not loading.  Including this forum on my phone.  I am going to upload a video to demonstrate what is happening. 

image0.thumb.png.f438f015b6545b8277be12f01352e2d7.png

39 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This is a bit baffling to be honest, could you reach out to Deco support and see if they have any suggestions? It may be something they've seen before.

Here is a video connected to the R2 Wifi.

49 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the video, I did see something, disable Private Addresses on the iPhone when going on more info on the R2 WiFi. Then restart the R2 from the interface, wait 2 minutes, connect then see if the sites load please.

No luck, still the same. I didn't have this issue on the Xr1000 I had. 

• Administrators

This issue is quite perplexing, make a Traffic Controller rule to allow ALL traffic to the device and see if that helps. If it doesn't then as a test (remove it right after) put the phone IP in the DMZ then apply and see if it works.

On 12/11/2021 at 7:13 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

This issue is quite perplexing, make a Traffic Controller rule to allow ALL traffic to the device and see if that helps. If it doesn't then as a test (remove it right after) put the phone IP in the DMZ then apply and see if it works.

No luck with either of these. 😭 

phone 2.PNG

Phone.PNG

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you disable IPv6 for LAN and WAN please, see if that does anything?

Negative still no luck. 

3 hours ago, Forrestbear said:

If it's specific websites, maybe adblocker is preventing them from loading.  

It is many sites, plus apps such as discord won't load. 

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you downgrade the firmware, factory reset then see if the same issue occurs please?

I downgraded to v.3.0.205 and factory reset, same issue. 😟