Netduma R2 and Speedport Smart 3 how to setup?

Matthias93

Hello,

I want an open nat on my xbox and I own a R2 and a Speedport smart 3. I have a 500 mbit glasfiber connection. I want to put the speedport into dsl modem mode, which is possible and then I want to connect the R2 to my Speedport and set it up. If I do so the R2 tells me that it couldn't find an internet connection. 

My setup before was speedport smart 3 as router + R2 as router behind it but of course I got the double nat issue. The Speedport smart 3 doesn't have a dmz option. 

Anyone knows what to do? the internet provider telekom can't help at all.

Greetings,

Matthias

I tried out what you suggested and also tried it out with a factory reset on the R2. Both times it didn't work. both times I get the same error fromt the R2 and can't set it up. Btw I connected the R2 to LAN Port 4 on the Speedport in modem mode since the Speedport suggests me to do so but I also tried the other 3 ports and they all don't work for the netduma. anything that I could try out now?

Screenshot_20211210-115104_Chrome.jpg

I also have the thing below from my Internet provider which looks to me like a glasfiber modem but if I connect the R2 directly to it I'm also unable to get an internet connection. 

Edit: According to my provider this thing is indeed a modem and it should allow me to connect the netduma to it but it doesn't work, I get the same error as above.

20211210_120220.jpg

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Matthias93 said:

and how do I update the router if it doesn't have an internet connection like mine? or should i plug it back into the other router for the double nat connection to update it?

Yes exactly, do that so you can update

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Matthias93 said:

finally it works. thank you so much for your help I would have never been able to setup all that stuff without you.

Really glad to hear that, you're very welcome! Any other questions or issues let us know and we'll be happy to help.