CPU Spiking to 100% and Massive Spike in DNS

GenMatrix

Something weird is happening where my Pihole sees a huge spike in DNS queries within a very, very short window, the router sits near maxed out CPU and I get spammed with the warning message below.

Any idea why this is happening?

image.thumb.png.32ea0dfe18c42f43da37011b18e26314.png

image.png.f24061ad2ca35555373b39d8d704fa5b.png

• Administrators

Okay that's interesting, it's seeing a lot of interactions as potential DNS rebind attacks which are almost always a false flag, a lot is coming from PlayStation - was the PS doing an update at the time this was happening?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay that's interesting, it's seeing a lot of interactions as potential DNS rebind attacks which are almost always a false flag, a lot is coming from PlayStation - was the PS doing an update at the time this was happening?

It was on with Amazon prime, the behavior of it trying to phone home to Sony is consistent on my Asus router as well. 

A little after posting my previous reply, the router exhibited the same behavior as all other firmwares where it just dies on the WAN side, GUI becomes inaccessible and all devices lose internet connectivity.

I’m really regretting this purchase since it’s been a over a year and it’s spent more time  as a paperweight than a functioning as a router.