Optimization R1 for PPPoE

Rampage

Hello,

DumaOs Team,

Am using R1 Connection type of PPPoE, Everything working great 🤗 but am thinking to work on few issues which I ignore to improve DumaOs for PPPoE users

I have 100mbps download/upload both 

Which I test both wired and wireless am getting full speed wirelessly from my Asus Router on 5g 

My Setup is :- ISP OLT>ONU>R1

No moderm no additional routers 

So the thing is, how can we achieve max speed on R1 wich I think not possible but I tried the set-up which you guys mostly suggest for PPPoE users to get max speed is ISP moderm> R1 I mostly play CoD with this setup am feeling games not smooth when trying to play with friends lobbies glitching out like found lobbies next second kicks out from lobbies and searching again with no settings on I mean no GeoFilter or any QoS etc everything is disabled 

On other hand if I play like my set up I mentioned above ISP OLT>ONU>R1 games runs smooth speed am getting 30 to 40mbps both down/up wirelessly and wired I had only 2 devices my PS4 and phone/pc for monitoring I have separate internet connection for home use but I noticed in Warzone when I shoot bullet hit registration is smooth and good even on over 250ping but when enemies shoot I die like instantly not getting any chance to react it's seems like they sniped me but in kill cam whole different story they missed bunch of shots which I didn't get on my end so I don't know if it's something to do with QoS ,congestion control, or anything which you guys want  suggest I'll give a try and test it out and am from India so mostly I play Warzone on high ping connecting to USA lobbies instead of Europe which is closest to me I try GeoFilter too but it's takes too much time to find lobbies 

Sorry for this long post my English not that good but I'll try my best to explain 😅👍

Thanks

DumaOs Team

Thanks for posting!

Could you clarify if the 'ONU' you describe is the ASUS router? If you have the Asus Router handling the PPPoE connection, your speeds are fine, correct? Your speeds are only poor when the R1 is handling PPPoE, yes?

With regards to your hit registration issue, if you're playing on high ping lobbies it would make sense that you're experiencing unreliable hit registration. That's not to say that it will be consistently bad, it might feel OK from time to time, but it will also feel terrible other times.

23 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you clarify if the 'ONU' you describe is the ASUS router?

ONU is the unit provided by my ISP it's only for converting optical fibre to ethernet 😊it has a configuration page but not for accessing internet it's only for converting optical fibre like fiber media converter 

26 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

If you have the Asus Router handling the PPPoE connection, your speeds are fine, correct?

Yes 😊 but game feels laggy not smooth

27 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Your speeds are only poor when the R1 is handling PPPoE, yes?

Yes😊 but games runs smoothly only feels like getting enemies shots so quick it's feel like a packet burst 🤭

30 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

With regards to your hit registration issue, if you're playing on high ping lobbies it would make sense that you're experiencing unreliable hit registration.

Yeah But some of the game feels good like on same 250ping but sometimes it's worst it's like unplayable 😞😅am thinking to do something with QoS like increase or decrease download or upload but don't know how game servers bandwidth work like if I want to suppress or reduce enemies packets it will be download or upload and what I need to do increase or decrease 😅 am thinking to test some QoS or CC but don't know what exactly works for what hope you guy gives some suggestions 🤗

OK, could you please try putting the R2 in the DMZ of the Asus router and make sure the IP is reserved for the R2.

See if that helps with your issues of hit registration as well. With regards to setting up QoS, we have a good guide on our knowledge base you can check out to begin with.

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos