Autoping and whole R1 does not work right anymore

Hi guys, please help.  i upgraded and downgraded many times the firmware on my R1...now it seems the Autoping in the 1.03.6j does not work right.. it finds servers with the right ping i am searching for,  but it does not show them down beliw as usual. It seems also i have to upgrade the firmware every day before i start using it.. then it runs smoothly. Maybe a admin can look into my old R1 ... hope it can be fixed.  thx Jay

hi Fraser, hope you are doing well, thanks for the fast reply. I mean i have to factory reset every day or even upload the firmware again. i think i have broke the router somehow in the past when i was downgrading and upgrading (long time ago) we also have the R2 and yesterday we get the second R2 :)  but i personaly like the old firmware somehow better. i would buy a new R1 also with the 1.06 firmware if we can't fix it. 

in the picture you can see.. it works but it does not show the server down beliw where you can allow or deny or ban it. 

785E1ED4-00CB-43A7-8081-A4592804F0CB.jpeg

• Administrators

What issues do you keep having that force you to factory reset/re-upgrade every day? Does it not auto ping on any server? It could be as that one is so far off the map that it's not detecting it properly to ping. Flush the cloud in miscellaneous settings, untick and retick auto ping and then reboot the console and see if it works properly.

Hi Fraser, i have the R1 since the beginning as we testet the Beta versions in 2015 or so... 

The Autoping never showd the Allow Danny section... i have the issue since 2 years or do... i play only when the new cod comes out for a few month or so... but now i just wanted to ask if you or somebody can look in the R1. I need the upgrade or do the factory reset because it slowly makes my games or the connection or the ping worse and worse (the ping is then shodn as 900md or so :) so i have to do factory reset or upgrade again. i have done it 2 years noe but now it bores me so i am posting here. i know the R1 in and out, it is definitaly something wrong ...i have to always click on the server if i want to show him the ping (shows the host descriptor) thx

• Administrators

Can you try to get another server in a different location please and see if Auto Ping works? What web browser are you using and does it have an Adblocker? I assume you have gone up to the very latest version for the R1 and your ping still rises? How do you factory reset usually? 

Fraser, the Autoping works ! it does only not showing the host description automaticaly as it should. as i said i know the R1 for about 6 years ... i assume it broke because i have downgraded and upgraded ... even to the very first version from 2015 and then to the newest... this was last year or 2 years ago i am living with it since then ... all works but only for one big gaming session then next time i have to power down the router and do the factory reset (menu) because it gives me very bad hitdetection (dont know why) or if factory reset does not help i upload the 1.06 firmware again. + the hardreset button (30/30/30 sec rule) does not work with the 1.06 firmware ... obly when i upgrade to the dumaos then zhe reset button works again. do you think you can fix this issue on 1on1 (as admin on my router)? otherwise i will continue as i have done every year :)) thank you

• Administrators

Sorry can you clarify, what do you mean it isn't showing the host description automatically - can you provide a screenshot of what you mean? Don't do a 30/30/30 reset, that can actually damage the router and if that's how you've been doing it this whole time that could explain your issues - either do a factory reset on the interface when on the old firmware or hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes if you're on DumaOS. 

We have limited support for the original firmware as we're fully focused on DumaOS now, in fact most of the developers we have now have never had experience with the original firmware so we couldn't look at it remotely/1 on 1.

ok, so thats not a big problem. we leave it as it is... thanks for your support and the tip with the 30/30/30 rule. (is it a fact? when would you do it so? 🤔 i assume i should never do it with the new R2? right. Fraser, i bought i think 3x R1 routers from you and 2x R2 *iloveit do you think you can find a new R1 with the 1.06 firmware for me. i will buy it because im so used to it, simple and still good. great gear you have done guys as you know  💯

.. if the Autoping is on and it finds a game, so it should automatically show the "host descriptor" menu as shown in the pic above, where you can see the ping aso. same like in the new firmware but it does not do it anymore... but how i said we leave it as it is...

+ just for info: i hold the reset button (on the old 1.06 Firmware) and absolutely nothing happens... when i am on the new DumaOS on the R1 so the reset button works. that's "funny"

• Administrators

Definitely don't do the 30/30/30 method with the R2 as it is newer hardware so would damage it. It's only sometimes required on very old hardware. That's odd the descriptor doesn't appear, on the VPN page, make sure all devices are disabled/unticked, then see if it the descriptor comes back to Auto Ping please. Yeah the reset button doesn't work on the old firmware but we fixed that in DumaOS so if you ever need to reset on the old firmware always do it via the interface.

Yes the VPN is unticked/disabled. it is strange 🤔 in the pic you can see it.. that is when i play a game (no descriptor) only when i click on the server then it appears. i uploaded now the 1.03.6g and it is the same. how i said the on the newest dumaOS R1 Autoping works/shows descriptor. But i understand that you are not supporting the old firmware... not a big problem,  i only hope my R1 is still ok.

yes the descriptor was always displayed, I think a year or 2 ago was the last time.  then after i have done the resets (30/30/30) and down and upgraded the firmware (dumaos, 1.06 and also the 1.02 🤦‍♂️ I thought in an incomprehensible way my connection in cod will be better but it (the firmware) does not make any difference of course. thank you for your support fraser 👍💯

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 5:33 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the information, do you ever recall it showing the descriptor when auto ping is enabled?

Just for the information: i have finally said goodbye to the old version.  thanks for your support fraser🤝