NAT Type MODERATE No matter what I do

holyfugazi

I tried everything I could think of.
This isn't some visual glitch cause I cannot join some of my friends and I checked canyouseeme.org

In R2 I tried:
using UPNP, in the router website it shows that its working but it isnt.
Port forwarding (made my PC a static IP)
Making my PC DMZ
Formatting R2

In my PC I tried:
disabling the firewall
opening all the ports that are needed for BO3 (ports arent open in any game but I tried to get one game to atleast open)
resetting firewall and network settings
Enabling discovery (private network)

in my modem:
plugging my ethernet cable from my modem to my PC and doing the following~
using UPNP, in the router website it shows that its working but it isnt.
Port forwarding (made my PC a static IP)
Making my PC DMZ
Formatting all settings.

The only thing I havent done was call my ISP but the wait times are really long and I'd have to wait days

I'm hoping to get this issue sorted with the help of you guys it'd be greate if I didn't have to call.

• Administrators

Okay you almost certainly have a CG-NAT in which case there is nothing you can do on your side to get it open, you would have to get a static IP from your ISP and that would get it open, that or switch to another provider that doesn't use CG-NAT.

You can find out if you have it by following this guide: https://winbuzzer.com/2020/05/29/windows-10-how-to-tell-if-your-isp-uses-carrier-grade-nat-cg-nat-xcxwbt/

52 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay you almost certainly have a CG-NAT in which case there is nothing you can do on your side to get it open, you would have to get a static IP from your ISP and that would get it open, that or switch to another provider that doesn't use CG-NAT.

You can find out if you have it by following this guide: https://winbuzzer.com/2020/05/29/windows-10-how-to-tell-if-your-isp-uses-carrier-grade-nat-cg-nat-xcxwbt/

Wow, that's ridiciolus, I just followed that guide and I have a CG-NAT indeed.

They've must've changed it when I upgraded my bandwidth plan, I'll call them and hopefully get it sorted, thank you as always Fraser.