Understanding Geo-Filter/Ping

her0oftim3

Hello,

I originally bought the Netduma R2 router after it (well technically the R1) receiving praise for assisting in Street Fighter V's(SFV) netcode issues and it matching you with players way too far away. While I was in Korea, I was playing on my PS4 and could simply start up the game, it would locate servers/players and I was good to go. Now that I'm back in the states, I have my PC again and somehow don't seem to be getting the same things as before. Whenever I start up SFV on PC, nothing changes on the Geo-Filter portion or Ping Assist portion. I don't get servers, players, etc etc. I can connect to people and play them, but the benefit of being able to set boundaries and see what players I would be running into is lost currently. In Korea I didn't have to do much but assign a "LAG" to their ping assist and throw players into the deny/approve list and no issues. I would like to be able to do that on the PC version but don't see what exactly I'm doing wrong. For reference, I'm using the same PC to view the Netduma stats and play SFV. In Korea, I had a jank laptop and would play on my PS4. Can the connections not be the same? I feel like that isn't my issue.

Geo.png

Thanks for posting!

How do you currently have you PC added to Geo-filter?

As there isn't a SF profile at the minute, you may need to go to Device Manager and change the device type of your PC to 'Playstation'. After this, re-add it to Geo-filter and select 'Choose Manually' when prompted to pick your game. After that, boot up Street Fighter and see if it's filtering properly.