Warzone Server-Side Anti-Cheat Possibly Soft Launched?

jawntronix

Total conjecture here, but was surprised no one seemed to pose the question...

*As a caveat, I haven't played Verdansk in months, this is all relative to Rebirth matches on my end.

I turned off my Geofilter that usually puts me in the middle of the US (TX and IL servers to achieve balanced ping with friends from the East Coast), and started getting CA lobbies. 

So basically, half the time my CA lobbies are the "normal" Warzone servers whos IPs end in ".VULTR"/".CHOOPA" or whatever, but I'm also getting some servers that show as dedicated and their IP is a normal numbers only config. Doing a whois search on these other servers they come up registered to Blizzard or sometime "Nolag" which I'm guessing is just another server farm rental provider.

My conspiracy theory kicks in with the fact (feeling) that my games on the ".VULTR"/".CHOOPA" servers are the same ol' mixed bag of normal play mixed with a lot of suspect killcams (looking like I'm getting snapped onto with aimbots, seen through walls when no UAV is up and no teammate has died to give away my location, etc). However, whether placebo or not, when on these "newer" servers, I'm not running into much suspect play, and having way better performance (higher K/D, more wins than the "regular" lobbies).

So while of course it could just be that my connection to these others servers are better (the ping bar is less spikey than the "old" servers for sure), or the SBMM has less folks to choose from there so I'm in easier lobbies, etc, etc... I'm wondering if any of these servers are testing out the server-side anti-cheat early with Warzone (or at least Rebirth) and filtering out folks with suspicious stats?

Anyone else seen this behavior, or have there always been these non ".VULTR"/".CHOOPA" dedicated servers in CA, I've just missed it being geofiltered for so long?

Not sure if these servers are elsewhere, but the Blizzard registered ones are all around the Bay Area if anyone wants to test it out.

• Administrators

They do have a lot of server partners as far as I am aware, though if they are less spiky for you that would probably be why you're having a better experience. That being said, if they were to be testing such a feature it would make sense to do it on some servers and see how it performs - you could be right or it could be you simply have a better connection to said servers.