Please say the R2 will fix my life?

mukey

Hi, 

Wonderful people at Netduma I thank you in advance for you're reply. Let me explain my situation, I'm a Warzone player. I only use Ethernet, but started getting ping spikes in the 100-250 range whenever my stepdad would live stream football/f1 downstairs on the same network. So I got my own broadband (Virgin 350 down, 30 up) which only I am connected to and literally 1 device. The last two week was great, I was getting into 25-40 ping lobbies and my in game ping would never go above 50. I log on today and I'm back getting into 75 ping lobbies and getting ping spikes in the 90-100 range. I have reset the router to factory settings, tried all sorts. I do not get it as there is only me on this network with 1 device being the PS4 hard wired to the Router. Before I got myself the Virgin broadband I was looking into the R2. I have never had stress like I get with bad ping it's so frustrating, I know there is real world problems going on but I have gone out of my way to get my own broadband and now I am back getting ping spikes which I have no idea why. 

My question to you wonderful people is will the R1 fix my life lol. Because I'm ready to order one now. 

Well,

if you are getting bad spikes in this test: Bufferbloat Test by Waveform

then most likely - yes - you can limit ul/dl to get much better results.

Then you can also limit the range of your servers to something that pleases you and get consistent ping.

It will not fix the problems that are on the Virgin side though if any.

Regards

14 hours ago, mukey said:

Hi, 

Wonderful people at Netduma I thank you in advance for you're reply. Let me explain my situation, I'm a Warzone player. I only use Ethernet, but started getting ping spikes in the 100-250 range whenever my stepdad would live stream football/f1 downstairs on the same network. So I got my own broadband (Virgin 350 down, 30 up) which only I am connected to and literally 1 device. The last two week was great, I was getting into 25-40 ping lobbies and my in game ping would never go above 50. I log on today and I'm back getting into 75 ping lobbies and getting ping spikes in the 90-100 range. I have reset the router to factory settings, tried all sorts. I do not get it as there is only me on this network with 1 device being the PS4 hard wired to the Router. Before I got myself the Virgin broadband I was looking into the R2. I have never had stress like I get with bad ping it's so frustrating, I know there is real world problems going on but I have gone out of my way to get my own broadband and now I am back getting ping spikes which I have no idea why. 

My question to you wonderful people is will the R1 fix my life lol. Because I'm ready to order one now. 

You'll definitely notice a benefit, though it would be best if all devices can be connected to the R2. With this, you can make sure your Warzone traffic is always prioritised over other traffic and therefore reduce lag. You'd also benefit from using Geo-filter to ensure you're always getting connected to the lowest ping servers available to you.

20 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

You'll definitely notice a benefit, though it would be best if all devices can be connected to the R2. With this, you can make sure your Warzone traffic is always prioritised over other traffic and therefore reduce lag. You'd also benefit from using Geo-filter to ensure you're always getting connected to the lowest ping servers available to you.

Hi mate…. thanks for the reply. 

Mall the other devices are connected to the BT line. There’s literally only my PS4 on the virgin (soon to be R2 when it arrives tomorrow) so I can’t see it being better connecting all my other devices when there is only 1 going to be on it surely not? 

13 minutes ago, mukey said:

Hi mate…. thanks for the reply. 

Mall the other devices are connected to the BT line. There’s literally only my PS4 on the virgin (soon to be R2 when it arrives tomorrow) so I can’t see it being better connecting all my other devices when there is only 1 going to be on it surely not? 

If the R2 is on a completely different line then it won't really matter in theory. However, you won't be able to use the full benefits of QoS, the other features of DumaOS will still be great for you though!

11 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

If the R2 is on a completely different line then it won't really matter in theory. However, you won't be able to use the full benefits of QoS, the other features of DumaOS will still be great for you though!

thanks mate... is there a thread on here at all for all the ideal settings and stuff for the R2? 

And so basically I don't need to use QoS as there will only be my PS4 connected? 

1 hour ago, mukey said:

thanks mate... is there a thread on here at all for all the ideal settings and stuff for the R2? 

And so basically I don't need to use QoS as there will only be my PS4 connected? 

We've got all of our optimal settings guides on our knowledge base, you can find those here: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

Yeah you don't really need to be using QoS in your current config.