NETDUMA R2 ineternet connection cutted

Martin D

Hi there my router R2 is constantly reducing  my speeds by more than 50 % download + upload.

as soon as use different router or connect the cable directly to laptop or PS5 . the speed is normal, but R2 is living by its own.

Netduma support , no one of you solved this kind of problem in all cases I founf in your forum.

is it accaeptable result  from your side ?

there is really nobody who could solve this problem ?

P.S. please do not use those basic questions how is my home network connected etc... Thank you.

• Administrators

Most cases of decreased speeds are due to QoS settings, basic questions can help to solve your issue, for example, having devices connected to a router above the R2 can decrease the speeds you get through the R2. Firstly go through this guide and see if your speeds return: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-maximum-bandwidth-speeds

• Administrators

The more information you can provide, the quicker we can get the issue resolved.

1. What speeds do you pay for/receive?
  2. What is the model of the modem/router the R2 is connected to?
  3. Are all devices connected to the R2 or are some connected to the modem?
  4. Where are you testing the speeds via speedtest.net or Connection Benchmark for example?
  5. What firmware version are you on?
  6. What speeds do you get via WiFi? 

1.I pay for 30/5

2.there is no other modem/router

3. ______

4.via speedtes.net

5.What firmware version are you on >> R2 3.0.205

6. 4/1

via R2 I get 4/2 or 13/1,8 ...only via NETDUMA R2  messured via cable

what is the point of these mesages

daemon.notice netifd: wan (1682): udhcpc: lease of 192.168.xx.xx obtained, lease time 600

daemon.err odhcp6c[2810]: Failed to send DHCPV6 message to ff02::1:2 (Address not available)  >>  this one  repeats all the time !!!

cron.err crond[1404]: USER root pid 17158 cmd echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

my ISP decided to monitoring my connection quality , he can prove I get 24/7  guaranteed speed , 

BUT THERE IS  SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE NETDUMA R2 , I would like to know what is the reason and how to fix it 

Thank you.

aemon.err odhcp6c[2810]: Failed to send DHCPV6 message to ff02::1:2 (Address not available)

• Administrators

Your settings seem fine, if they were causing it they would be low all the time. Given that it is so up and down within minutes of each other, it's hard to see what could be happening. Unplug the cable from the R2 and connect your PC instead, do speed tests like you did before and see whether it is consistent. I have to ask questions to get to a solution.

• Administrators

When testing are you using the same cable that connects the R2 to the wall or another?

6 minutes ago, benilsondias said:

I have the same problem, my plan is 500/250 and the bentmarck conection shows 80/70

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Don't worry about that we're still improving on the speed results there, if you get your normal speeds through speedtest.net then you're good.

26 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Make a custom Traffic Prioritization rule ports 1-65535 TCP/UDP then do a speed test multiple times, is it more consistent?

custom Traffic Prioritization of which one device ? there is no point I think