xr500 Congestion control underload ping auto setup

I watched a few videos on YouTube and it made me want to try dumaos. I googled netduma r2 to be exact but the results from google were netgear netduma. I ordered xr500 and updated it to dumaos 3.0. But what I didn’t realise is that it is not the same product as netduma r2 because when I go to congestion control there’s no auto setup on netgear xr500. I got bamboozled by google and just found out that netduma r2 is £30 cheaper and has auto setup to decrease underload ping. Is there anything I can do about underload ping? My download underload is 19ms trying to drop it to 3ms.

Hi

you can’t lower your base pin which is reliant on your line so if your base pin is say 17ms and your download was 19ms on the test that would be a great result. What’s your base pin?

The auto setup gives you a suggestion on how to set up CC, on yours you just need to use PingPlotter for seeing how alteration of CC effects your network. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Auto Setup automatically tests and tries to select the best options, however, the feature is still being improved upon. You still get the benefit of the router without it, you would just need to experiment with the Congestion Control percentages to see what gives you the best results/experience. As above, you probably won't be able to get that low a ping, even under load 19ms is pretty good!

Before I used netgear xr500 two days ago, I was on ipv6 and I clocked 1gig up and down base ping is 1ms. fast.com latency unloaded 2ms loaded 3ms. On xr500 bufferbloat grades are D for download (my download is now half compared to my original router) A+ for ping and B for bufferbloat. There’s 1 tutorial I saw on YouTube about a guy with the same isp as me and his grades are all A+ but he was on netduma r2 with the auto set up and he eliminated 5ms from his download bufferbloat. A YouTuber called benham_1

so I am going to try a new set up if it fails then it’s my fault for relying on google.

• Administrators

The Benchmark feature is still being improved upon so you can take those results with a pinch of salt. Using QoS will reduce your speeds to ensure you do not suffer bufferbloat which only happens when the connection is saturated and at your speeds that is very unlikely to happen. Speed reduction is only really seen on speed tests, when downloading/streaming etc you should not notice much difference. Instead of focusing on grades see what QoS settings actually work best for you when gaming as that is when you'll notice a difference.