XR500 Internet cutting out

Could you clarify which firmware version you're currently running? Could you go to System Information and click the three-line menu next to Installed Rapps, and set the number of retries to 5?

Let us know if this helps with the problem.

By the looks of things that log was captured after rebooting the router, so it doesn't really contain much information unfortunately!

13 hours ago, leeeroybiscuit said:

Attached the actual log file here rather than a copy paste into notepad, happened when i was in the shower so tried to capture the info as quick as I could so hopefully there is something in there.

log-1634590003960.txt 38.3 kB · 1 download

How many devices do you have connected roughly? I'd suggest changing the DHCP range to be from .50 - .200 roughly, then reserve IP addresses for all devices. Set the reserved IPs to be from .2- .49.

Thanks for the response, in terms of devices its only around 10-15 max at a time. Its only a two person household. 

Thanks for the suggestion, will give it a go. It shouldn't be the case though that the fix you have suggested should be required by the user. I'm lucky i am fairly tech savvy, the average family use case would expect to be able for the most part just plug and play for a router costing over £150. Should really be able to handle less than 20 devices at a time for the cost without cutting the internet out on a near daily basis. Not having a go and appreciate the responses. Customer service is top notch.  

2 hours ago, leeeroybiscuit said:

Thanks for the response, in terms of devices its only around 10-15 max at a time. Its only a two person household. 

Thanks for the suggestion, will give it a go. It shouldn't be the case though that the fix you have suggested should be required by the user. I'm lucky i am fairly tech savvy, the average family use case would expect to be able for the most part just plug and play for a router costing over £150. Should really be able to handle less than 20 devices at a time for the cost without cutting the internet out on a near daily basis. Not having a go and appreciate the responses. Customer service is top notch.  

Yeah I totally get that, I'm more suggesting this as a troubleshooting step rather than a fix. If it resolves the problem, we can discuss it with Netgear to aid them in resolving the problem permanently.