Sky FTTP setup

RL317

Hello again lads, it's only me. I'm getting my Sky Ultrafast line installed tomorrow but the muppets at Royal Mail have botched my router delivery (twice) after having the audacity to tell me they attempted delivery while I was sat there like a lemon waiting for a knock at the door lol. Obviously I'd want to be using my Duma anyway but I'm just starting to wrap my head around this DHCP 61/MER business or whatever it is Sky uses to try to prevent people from using their own gear. Is there actually a way to set this up now we have DumaOS 3.0 - using DHCP identifiers perhaps? I've been looking around before deciding to post this and most threads between here and the Netgear site seem to be for the XRs or R2, but this feature is present on my R1 too and I'm hoping this is what I need. What on earth do I put in the client identifier and vendor class fields if so? 

Also it's only a 150Mb line so bandwidth being capped shouldn't be an issue I'd imagine? Cheers. 

6 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Brilliant, thanks Royal Mail...😂

I have a different ISP so I'm not entirely sure myself, but a user made a helpful topic on the matter a little while ago, perhaps this helps?

Thanks Liam. I did actually have a look through that a few minutes before posting lol. Seems like he was referring to Sky FTTC (VDSL) if he's using a HG612? As a result I wasn't sure if the IDs he provided would be relevant for my connection 😕

Guess I'm not in a rush now anyway. The engineer came round, didn't like the look of the snaking the fibre would have to do along the skirting board and said to rebook after I gained permission for some improvised cable routes to be drilled. Maybe I'll have the Sky router by then but of course I want to use the R1 anyway so I just wanted to make sure it was possible :)

22 minutes ago, RL317 said:

Thanks Liam. I did actually have a look through that a few minutes before posting lol. Seems like he was referring to Sky FTTC (VDSL) if he's using a HG612? As a result I wasn't sure if the IDs he provided would be relevant for my connection 😕

Guess I'm not in a rush now anyway. The engineer came round, didn't like the look of the snaking the fibre would have to do along the skirting board and said to rebook after I gained permission for some improvised cable routes to be drilled. Maybe I'll have the Sky router by then but of course I want to use the R1 anyway so I just wanted to make sure it was possible :)

OK sure, it may be something you'll need to ask Sky for. Let us know how it goes and we'll do our best to help wherever possible!

18 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK sure, it may be something you'll need to ask Sky for. Let us know how it goes and we'll do our best to help wherever possible!

I thought it was a measure they implemented to prevent people using their own hardware. Would that be a wise idea? 😮

1 hour ago, RL317 said:

I thought it was a measure they implemented to prevent people using their own hardware. Would that be a wise idea? 😮

I don't think that's the case, people with complicated networks will need to install switch's, APs and other hardware. They kind of have to accommodate for it.