Device Manager Not Showing Static Devices on XR500

Device Manager seems to be a consistent pain point. I hit the googs before coming here to post in the even that this had been solved, but there's so many posts about Device Manager problems that I couldn't nail down one that had anything actionable to resolve this. Here's the situation:

XR500 with V2.3.2.120

Xerox WorkCentre 3325 with wired connection, using static IP address.

Initially, DM (Device Manager) listed the device (verified via MAC address), but always showed it offline. Despite the printer announcing itself on the network, the name was "unnamed device." Nothing I've been able to do will get DM to show the printer as connected. Here's what I've tried:

- Disconnected printer, verified offline.
- Reconnected printer, verified online.
- No success, still shows offline

- Disconnected printer
- Rebooted Router
- Reconnected printer
- No success

- Deleted entry for the printer
- Disconnected printer, verified offline.
- Reconnected printer, verified online.
- No success

- Disconnected printer
- Rebooted Router
- Reconnected printer
- No success

- Rebooted Router
- Disconnected printer
- Reconnected printer
- No success

As you can see I've tried every combination, short of restoring to factory settings. I just did that last week, and before the printer was first connected to the router. FWIW the logs show no record of the printer connecting or disconnecting, despite the printer being recognized on the network by other devices and reachable from other devices (e.g. opening the printer's local network website).

It appears that other users (https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29268-device-manager-workarounds/) have run into this as far back as 2019 and we're still waiting for resolution. Can anyone on the Firmware team confirm that this is still and issue and still needs manual intervention to get working correctly? Or is there another update that I missed that addresses this problem?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Are you having any issues with the printer working when connected to the router or is it more of an aesthetic issue? I believe it's because it's sort of in a standby state waiting for an instruction over the network that the router struggles to tell when it's online/offline. We are continuing to improve the Device Manager and classification, usually it shouldn't have any adverse affects.

Thanks for the warm welcome. No issues using the printer, I just use the router's connected clients display (in this case DM) in the event that we do have problems printing. I'm not sure if it'll help you all improve that app, but DDWRT and Fresh Tomato on an R8000 didn't have this issue. Might be something in their source that could help out.