Continued IPv6 issues with XR1000

Hi Netduma team,

Whew this router... I haven't had a device give me this much trouble in... maybe ever.

I would come back to my original post, but it's now locked as I thought the new firmware fixed my issue, however it did not (https://forum.netduma.com/topic/37227-xr1000-dropping-ipv6)

So basically I'm still having the issue with IPv6 not working unless the router is rebooted, it will then work for about 24 hours or a little longer if I'm lucky. I've tried it all, fresh installs, combinations of settings, you name it... IPv6 does not want to stay enabled no matter what.

Of course the router is beyond the return window, and I'm not too keen to replace it and just "eat" the cost of my purchase. So until NG pushes new firmware and finally fixes this issue (I hope, but the track record doesn't look good), the only way to have IPv6 work is daily modem restarts (insane).

Since there is no setting to reboot the modem on a schedule, I'm considering buying a smart outlet and forcing a power cycle nightly by scheduling to cut power from the device when no users are online. I've always read not to power cycle modern routers, but at this point I seem to have no other option...

Mods, do you see any major issues with this plan of action while I wait for a fix? Could this be a defective device, and a replacement may not have the issue? I would imagine trying to get a warranty claim and have NG replace the router would be like pulling teeth, so I'd like to avoid that if a firmware update is in the pipeline with a fix.

Appreciate any info or opinions.

Thanks. 

• Administrators

Sorry to hear you're still having this issue, I don't think it's defective as its purely a firmware issue, it will be fixed but I couldn't say when, it's also not something we would be handling. Rebooting that frequently isn't ideal but should be fine for what you need it to do, would definitely suggest rebooting it during the middle of the night while you are asleep. It's always worth making a ticket directly with Netgear if you can, it's their settings so they may have some better ideas: http://support.netgear.com/