Speed Test

jumpsquad24

i feel like i have to do constant restarts in order to get a good connection benchmark test. When I play a game if my jitter is around 1 i have great games but then later on it skyrockets to 5-10 after maybe 30 minutes to an hour. Is this the correct firmware XR450 V2.3.2.120.   . I saw a another fimware similiar to this one but it was 3.0.207 instead and was wondering if I am supposed to be on that one. Thanks. 

• Administrators

That's the latest firmware for the XR450, the one you referenced .207 is for the R2. We're still improving upon the reporting on Benchmark for the XR routers, so take it with a pinch of salt. If your connection isn't being saturated then that jitter shouldn't affect you. Also 5-10ms jitter is quite small so shouldn't be hugely noticeable. What speeds do you expect/receive and what are your QoS settings?

• Administrators

I would recommend you reset Bandwidth Allocation, speed doesn't matter for gaming and will barely use anything, regardless if you give it more or not. Download Congestion Control could come down a bit to 70%, upload can come up, that's quite severely throttled, try 50% for Upload. What are your Traffic Prioritization settings?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 8:12 PM, jumpsquad24 said:

This is what I have so far, Im just trying to find the best optimal settinCapture.thumb.PNG.3093580908fdea1d57ae57fc31b982fb.PNGgs I can find. 

I am not sure there is an optimal setting, rather there is a sensible setting The way I see this is it's not a fixed allocation rather it is the minimum a device will get if the broadband is really busy. If you have tons of devices then it makes sense to allocate say 20% to your gaming PC and let the others fight over the rest, but other than that you probably don't care on exact numbers.