OpenVPNs

zman1156

Correct me if I am wrong but once i load up an OpenVPN service of my choice will i be able to choose which devices are applied with the VPN. Example: I would like to apply said vpn to my PC but leave my phone and some other devices such as my console off of that. There is an option to determine or pick devices for the vpn correct? Thanks for the help 😛 :) 

• Administrators

Yes that is absolutely you what you can do. Apply it to any device connected to the router and then even further you can apply the VPN to only specific ports etc on the PC and the rest of the PC can go through your normal connection

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that is absolutely you what you can do. Apply it to any device connected to the router and then even further you can apply the VPN to only specific ports etc on the PC and the rest of the PC can go through your normal connection

Is it worth applying specific ports for warzone or just apply it to device? If so do you know what ports warzone uses? 

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, zman1156 said:

Is it worth applying specific ports for warzone or just apply it to device? If so do you know what ports warzone uses? 

For PC you can use the Games Console service or you can apply to ports, it's up to you which you prefer really. You can find the ports required on portforward.com and I would recommend you use source 1-65535 and put the ports as destination

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

For PC you can use the Games Console service or you can apply to ports, it's up to you which you prefer really. You can find the ports required on portforward.com and I would recommend you use source 1-65535 and put the ports as destination

Ill just leave it applied to entire device as that is the default for now until i feel a need to do otherwise thanks for the info though. Also how would i know the vpn service is working as it should i copied and pasted openVPN config file correctly? It says next to status that is connected is that mean it is connected properly i take it? Just making sure... first time using a vpn this way. Thanks Fraser!