Connect r2 with Modem+router combo

Eefo

Hey there. Can anyone please link to the post where i can get help to connect my r2 with ISP Modem+router device?
Or if there isn't any post can anyone help me connecting my r2 to it?

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There is no particular topic on this, what is the issue you're having currently? 

Hey fraser, thank you for your reply. So i am yet to get into an issue.
Basically i switched to a different provider, and this provider gave me its own device which is Modem and router in one device and i have r2 which is also a router, so i want to connect my r2 and use it as a main device. i know i can put it in bridge mode but i am unable to find the bridge mode in the settings but i see DMZ option in settings.

Could you please let me know of the steps i have to follow to use my r2.

And also they also gave me a static Ip address, can i use it ? if yes then how?

These are the options i have in their DMZ settings. Could you let me know which one i choose? I contacted my provider and they said their device doesn't have bridge mode. So i guess I'd have to choose DMZ. But will it be similar to bridge mode? Will R2 work properly on DMZ?

16304376485715931485429046104971.jpg

Ohh and also where do i connect r2 on ISP device? In one of their 4 provided Lan ports or some where else.

Attaching the picture of the ports i have 

16304378943396154916836967524064.jpg

• Administrators

Yes the R2 will work properly on the DMZ. Can you provide a screenshot of the Type dropdown list under DMZ please, then I can best advise.

You would connect the R2 internet port to any of the yellow 1-4 ports on the modem

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes the R2 will work properly on the DMZ. Can you provide a screenshot of the Type dropdown list under DMZ please, then I can best advise.

You would connect the R2 internet port to any of the yellow 1-4 ports on the modem

1630441683087761653330842730791.jpg

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What happens if you click default server, does it allow you to enter an IP address?

And when i click on the list. It shows me all the devices connected, and it also has duma os listed.

16304452270963594885811397701467.jpg

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay brilliant, choose the DumaOS option and you've done it

okay.. and then just go to 192.168.77.1 and use r2 as it is supposed to be used?