Series X Issue

KindaBusted

I was noticing lag on my network & went on the hunt to find out why.

I've found that my Xbox Series X is the issue.

No matter if I use wired or wireless connection I'll get crazy lag.

Spent all day yesterday testing things & can't figure out why this is happening.

I've tried every common sense step.

( cables, resets, updates, disabling QOS ) nothing works.

Anyone else have this issue before?

I'd rather not have to send in my Series X.

Web capture_20-8-2021_151916_192.168.77.1.jpeg

Web capture_20-8-2021_15189_192.168.77.1.jpeg

• Administrators

Could you explain a bit more about the lag on the network? How does it present itself, how are you testing it? How did you land on the Xbox being the issue? When does the Xbox cause it, just by being on or playing a game etc? How much bandwidth does the Xbox use when you notice the issue as shown by the Network Monitor?

The lag presents itself as ping spikes and connection interrupted while I'm playing call of duty & general instability with other games.

The top connection benchmark on my original post is what my network normally looks like.

The bottom picture is the series x the connected via Ethernet. As you can see the jitter and ping go crazy. This also happens if I disconnect the ethernet cable and connect the series X to Wi-Fi.

The reason I know it's the series X over any other device in my household is I spent all day yesterday disconnecting and connecting every device until I found the problem.

I have other Xboxes on my network and they are acting fine.

If my series X connects to the internet AT ALL I have connection issues.

Network monitor is showing normal traffic.

I was talking to Newfie on my Discord and he mentioned that it could be a DPI issue & to try reinstalling firmware and resetting.

Haven't gone that far yet cuz I didn't think it would be necessary but I might give it a try.

It’s a weird one for sure, I’ve not seen it on any other posts and it’s as if there’s an issue controlling it’s traffic which made me wonder at a guess if it’s DPI but only a guess. 
Normally if I find a router suddenly shows a problem I reset, if it’s still there I reinstall the firmware and then reset, if it’s still there then it’s a shout out for help.

• Administrators

I think Newfie is correct, by design Traffic Prioritization supersedes QoS to provide the best connection so if a download is being prioritized when it shouldn't for example then it could cause lag. Disable that fully first and then see if you get the same issue. How do you have Prio setup?