XR 1000 admin interface really slow

Hello,

I own a few routers from netgear and bought the xr1000 to manage my home network. I waited a few months before writing this therefore I don't think I can send the router back. The admin interface is really slow (as tested on different computers with different browsers) and each page takes about 10-20s to load or gets a timeout error.

How is this possible on a 350$ router and is there no fix?

Thanks

Franklin

On 8/1/2021 at 3:41 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What firmware version are you on currently? Are you trying to connect using HTTPS or HTTP?

Any update on this Frazer? 

I noticed this as well but happens, a lot on the ping heat rap the most a lot of times I can't even load the page. Qos, geo filter are also slow to load up.

XR1000 on latest FW. 

On 8/2/2021 at 12:41 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What firmware version are you on currently? Are you trying to connect using HTTPS or HTTP?

Hello

i am using http direct ip connection and tried that on many different browsers. The router is up to date !

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The Microsoft Edge browser is likely to be the fastest, ensure no Adblockers are enabled on the browser, also if you have an Anti-virus make sure the interface is whitelisted as it can slow it down

I tried it on different systems including brand new virtual machines. The web interface is as slow on any of the computers and I don’t understand how that is possible for a 350$ router.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Fisa said:

I tried it on different systems including brand new virtual machines. The web interface is as slow on any of the computers and I don’t understand how that is possible for a 350$ router.

Thanks for that, we are working on improving the speeds so hopefully next version which isn't too far off will be better