Ping heatmap

Alix

Hi been using the new update on the R1 3.0.207 there is a section called ping heatmap selected my game then  pinged it.

I got a great result back place my geo filter ring around it as shown in the picture below but keep putting me on the same server as you can see the yellow triangle which mean blocked server.

Unless I move my geo filter back I can't play Fortnite 

Any idea on what's going please?

PXL_20210714_125743902_MP.jpg

PXL_20210714_130816778_MP.jpg

Edited by Alix

Hi Fraser thank you very much for your reply I have attached two photos the first photo looks a lot better than the second photo are these game servers or authentication servers.

Just a little bit confused with the ping heatmap.

Also when the ping heat map shows you a great ping of 9ms can you play on that server or is it pot luck when you connect.

PXL_20210714_143701779_MP.jpg

PXL_20210714_143748177_MP.jpg

Edited by Alix

Cheers for the reply 🙂 I tried putting my self in the ocean and let ping assist do the job but wouldn't let me connect to any game servers don't know if I did something wrong 

Hi I put my ping assist to 30 I have attached photos so you know what I mean 😊.

Just keeps saying blocked server do I need to turn off filtering mode

PXL_20210714_154958433_MP.jpg

PXL_20210714_155003604_MP.jpg

Edited by Alix

• Administrators

Due to the way matchmaking works in Fortnite we can only block a server when it is loading in to that pre-game run around lobby as that is the only time it tries to connect to a server - not actually when you're in the lobby searching. That can lead to a long time getting kicked back to the lobby, I would suggest you disable Filtering Mode, then search for a game, if its not a server you want (by checking the Geo-Filter Map) back out then search again - it will be much quicker this way