Port forwarding for Synology NAS over UDP

Hello again! I have a Synology NAS and the XR450 and I am trying to set up port forwarding rules so I can connect to the NAS via VPN. I was planning on using the NAS's VPN server. I noticed the router actually has its own VPN server but it requires the DDNS to be set up, which makes sense. I realize not all of the information below applies to DumaOS but I wanted to illustrate my train of thought:

• I need a VPN in order to securely connect to my NAS remotely. I think I can use secure webDAV over the WAN but my understanding is that VPN is more secure.
  • It would make more sense to connect directly to the network using a VPN via the router, however, I ALSO use Synology's DDNS service to easily connect to the NAS when I wouldn't need the VPN so I don't think this is feasible either.
  • In order to use Synology's VPN I need to be able to forward to ports 1701, 500 and 4500 over UDP and in the Port Forward settings section on DumaOS I can't see where I can select UDP from the Service Name dropdown.
  • Basically, I don't know what to do, or if it can be done with this router.

Any help or questions would of course be appreciated. Thanks!