Lag yourself for advantage?!

MuFF

Hello everyone!

So, last week I played vs a player who were completely lagging across the map and I couldn’t kill him at all because he literally skipped all over. But, he could kill me easily. Unfortunately I have no video but really, I tried to shoot him and milliseconds later he’s 3 steps further, it was like I just shooted his stuck/floating „body“. All happened on console, so definitely no hacks. I wonder how this is actually possible? I’m pretty sure he’s done that on purpose because he played as it was normal. It’s like he’s only lagging on my screen and does not have disadvantages his side.

• Administrators

Could be lag switching but hard to say, if the lag was that bad then they should not have been able to kill you easily. Shouldn't be as easy to do if it was a normal server game though, was it a private match?

26 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could be lag switching but hard to say, if the lag was that bad then they should not have been able to kill you easily. Shouldn't be as easy to do if it was a normal server game though, was it a private match?

It was a private match yes. We or I was hosting. And we even lost because of it because no-one of us could kill this guy. He really skipped over the map and could kill us like it was nothing but no chance killing him. And he must done it on purpose because we won the 1. Map and he didn’t lag on it but after this he started and yeah.. we was literally in disbelief. 

• Administrators

Okay yeah sounds like he was lag switching then, was it a just for fun game or a GB game for example? If there was something to play for it makes sense they would try to get an unfair advantage

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay yeah sounds like he was lag switching then, was it a just for fun game or a GB game for example? If there was something to play for it makes sense they would try to get an unfair advantage

It was a wager match yeah ($10 Challenge). But I wonder how he could kill us. As I always thought lag-switching will only work if you’re host so everyone (expect you of course) are lagging.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, MuFF said:

It was a wager match yeah ($10 Challenge). But I wonder how he could kill us. As I always thought lag-switching will only work if you’re host so everyone (expect you of course) are lagging.

Probably using a different method we're not aware of, unfortunately there is not much you can do about it other than don't play against that person again. If you did it through a platform then report them and record your games going forward for proof would be my advice.