Constant Reboot when wired

El Jamie

Hello there.

I know I often frequent these forums looking for a fix for this problem; but always end up forgetting as I go back to wireless but I really do wish to connect my router wired.

Some information on the problem I'm having:

I have been using the Netduma R1 for around 6 years now, and have never used it wired as I bought it when I was younger and my setup was in my bedroom - away from any possible ethernet.

Wirelessly, it practically works as good as new. I've been using it wireless, with the R1 connected to my ISP Router (Virgin Media) and it was working flawlessly.

I attempted to add another ethernet cable from the R1 to my PlayStation. When I do this, and try and access the admin gateway interface, my router constantly reboots. I can only access it again, when I disconnect the ethernet and go wireless again. That is the only solution it seems, but means that I cannot play wired.

Also, every time my router reboots, I then have to reset the whole router to factory settings, as if I have my VPN enabled (which I do for games such as Warzone on my PlayStation) and it reboots, it will still show as enabled and wont change my location until I have to reset the router again.

TIA.

Jamie