Crazy packet loss on pingplotter from home network!

as above just another issue,

virgin media told me to take the third party router off and to use their own..

they've mentioned they dont support port forwarding either man am i screwed, thankfully joining zen in 11 days but until then i cant live with the packet loss

also my downloading to do a simple 200mb file takes about an hour where it is downloading at a mere 7.8kbs per second

what is going on?

Untitled.png

• Administrators

That's funny as I have Virgin Media and they do have port forwarding and you can also use the DMZ. You can ignore the hops you're not actually getting any packet loss in that screenshot. 

Have you put the router in the DMZ of the hub? Are ALL devices connected to the router? What are your QoS settings? Are you trying to download through ethernet or WiFi?

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's funny as I have Virgin Media and they do have port forwarding and you can also use the DMZ. You can ignore the hops you're not actually getting any packet loss in that screenshot. 

Have you put the router in the DMZ of the hub? Are ALL devices connected to the router? What are your QoS settings? Are you trying to download through ethernet or WiFi?

i know its there in the setttings and i've used it but idk why they said they dont support port forwarding lol

even from my home network? the first to clearly show packet loss?

hub has not been in dmz at the moment.

qos has been switched off for a while, internet hangs a lot and youtube quality drops a lot! its up and down consistently

broadband quality monitor is over the top for minimum latency too. download is via wifi but im right next to the wifi extender

• Administrators

Possible as it is an advanced feature that they don't want you to cause any potential issues. Yep that's fine you can ignore it (, you're also pinging a game server which is why the last 4 hops don't come back with any results as they don't respond to pings. Put the router in the Hub DMZ and make sure all devices are connected to the router. Is it their WiFi extender you're using as well? I had those and the speeds/quality of the WiFi wasn't very good - ended up running a long cable and setting up the XR500 elsewhere to provide WiFi throughout the home

ok just put the xr into the dmz will monitor for now, the extender is my own one

just tried to redownload the same file same issue, i have noticed this when downloading software updates on the ps5 as well it would take forever considering im on a 100/10 package the wifi is off on the main router, only wifi is through the xr500 all devices are connected through the xr500

Had a look nothing to show at the moment 

here’s the monitor of the broadband 

The red lines twice were resets but two little boots further on is packet loss

any advice? 

ive had a go with virgin media already they offered a new deal but i’m sticking with ultra low latency with zen, something virgin can’t provide 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/1faa49ca6eeb7a5085a409d490458fe81aa2aad0-10-06-2021

25 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What circumstances was that test done under? i.e. what was happening on the network at the time?

Nothing it was all clear, i’m the only one using the internet now on the main tv and the quality is dropping. Every now and again and then it will pause and resume after a minute

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What QoS settings are you using currently? Do you get similar results direct to the hub with nothing happening on the network?

I’ll give this a test as I’ve always had the gaming router in, on occasion when I have gone back to the hub only the issue isn’t there, but i will test it later on today