Does anyone here have the xbox series x, and astro a40 TRs?

bbursley

So I have had the old Astro a40s, and just upgraded to the newr TR with the newer mixamp. Well my problem is this: yes you can upgrade the firmware, yes it works via USB (awesome), but I have been struggling to find the right mixture of Dolby Atmos and EQ settings from the mixamp itself. I have been playing with earbuds, and I love that I can finally hear footsteps etc again, only, most options ive played with just sound like theres too much bass, and not enough of that true "surround sound". Sure, footsteps are easily directional, but the audio just sounds like poo without the dolby atmos enabled, with it disabled the bass on the headset seems fine, so...…if there's anyone out there whos run into the same issue, what's your configuration looking like for that sweet spot?

I know you can edit the mixamps EQ on the command center for PC, but truthfully I know nothing about how to cut down the bass...so yeah, I have not touched anything 😂

Plz send help lol

• 2 weeks later...

Unless they changed it again with a new firmware, I don't think the EQ works on the mixamp. Atmos comes from the app on the xbox so all the mixamp is doing is lets you mix voice and game audio together with a builtin headphone amp. It's a pretty useless piece of hardware now without an optical signal. You can always get a HDMI audio extractor to get an optical from the HDMI but will lose 4K 120 and/or VRR as well. The optical on the television might work as well if you set it to passthrough. I stopped using my A40s because of this new console. I use a pair of Sennheiser headphones connected to the bottom of the controller w/ Atmos app.