How to customize your username and password for ftp servers?

Ivy

I'm trying to access my local storage through internet. However, I did not find any option to change the default username and password (the default username is 'admin' and the default passowrd is 'password'). I think is very dangerous to use those simple setup when connecting my hard drive to the public network so I want to know how to customize them. Can anyone helps?

2 hours ago, Ivy said:

I'm trying to access my local storage through internet. However, I did not find any option to change the default username and password (the default username is 'admin' and the default passowrd is 'password'). I think is very dangerous to use those simple setup when connecting my hard drive to the public network so I want to know how to customize them. Can anyone helps?

Hello, welcome to the forum!

To change the access data of the router go to the upper right and click on the 3 points next to the bell, a drop-down will open, click where it says router admin and there should appear the option to change the data access.

Greetings

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Ivy said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I replied to you on the Netgear forum as well. The username can't be changed but you would have been given the opportunity to change the password during the setup wizard, alternatively go to Settings > Administration > Set Password and you can change it there