Problems with Netduma R2

Simon

Lately my internet keeps going out for my netduma. Its not just the WIFI that stops working. When I plug in an ethernet from netduma to my computer it also loses internet connection. When I connect  my ISP modem to my computer it works fine. I also get lots of packet loss when testing my internet connection on my netduma. When I play warzone I get constant lag now but when I connect my ps5 to my ISP modem I dont lag as much. I lose internet connection every couple hours on my netduma. 

• Administrators

What is the model of your ISP modem? How are you checking the packet loss exactly? What is the average ping as shown by the Geo-Filter?

In DHCP Settings set lease hours to 168, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes before accessing and see if it helps with the disconnects.

Also what firmware version are you on?

53 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of your ISP modem? How are you checking the packet loss exactly? What is the average ping as shown by the Geo-Filter?

In DHCP Settings set lease hours to 168, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes before accessing and see if it helps with the disconnects.

Also what firmware version are you on?

Its the Hitron CODA. I am testing it using the connection benchmark on the Netduma. I am using the newest firmware, which is the 205. I changed the DHCP settings but my internet still went out. 

• Administrators

Okay so a pure modem then, could you provide a screenshot of a completed Connection Benchmark where you're seeing this please?

Change the DHCP start/end to start at 192.168.77.50 and then give your devices (at least the ones you would notice it on right away) reserved IP address between .2 - .49 so it is outside that range you've just adjusted.

Also when the connection goes down does it restore itself after a few seconds, minutes? Do you need to reboot or reset to get it back?