Destiny 2 geo filter issue

TheGuy

• Administrators

You can filter servers in crucible and strike, you can't go in solo / match with teammates. When filtering servers there may be a server in this middle of the US you need to allow in order for it to work, you may need to do this every time currently but we will whitelist them

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Axel said:

but can i also put players on the white list ?

If they appear on the map, if you invite them to your lobby for example yes but it won't help you to just match against them.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You need to allow the server in the middle of the US each game, you can't influence who joins the games just the server you connect to

No offense, but that means its essentially worthless. As the whole reason as you state is to provide better connections. If its going to allow connections outside my selected area, then I will still get ppl rubber banding all over the place. Im not sure why you guys even bothered, if this was your best idea.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ktaylor2 said:

No offense, but that means its essentially worthless. As the whole reason as you state is to provide better connections. If its going to allow connections outside my selected area, then I will still get ppl rubber banding all over the place. Im not sure why you guys even bothered, if this was your best idea.

The game now uses servers, that is how it works, it's not our fault they chose to do so. All other games work in the same way and it absolutely helps as you will have the ping advantage. The US server will be for authentication, it won't impact ping.

For me in The Toronto Canada area the filtering works well. My games are way way better. I don't have any walking in quicksand felling games and a lack of foriegn names in my games or rubber banding. I've blocked everything but the 2 servers near me.. Seems to be working great.  

There's alot of specific set up though..  For me on P.C. I needed to delete my desktop device from the Geofilter. Make my desktop a Playstation device in the device manager setting on the left of the vertical tab menues.

Add the desktop to the geofilter and set it to manual as opposed to a specific game.. Put the ping filter to 0

Turn of fast search and put on strict.