Aplpy to wan I NEED AN ANSWER ♥

Ameryjr

ive been following the "apply to wan" phrase for awhile now! should i always apply to wan? i do game with my ps4 wired, with only 1 ps4, other threads state to only use the apply to wan feature if we are using a device on wifi. ive been looking for a pin point answer from netduma themselves! should we enable apply to wan? why? i want to know why, if i should apply to wan, are there pros and cons? or is this just another feature that is deeply unknown?

been super curious but the only answerers we find are here, some threads say its helpful but they dont know if that isp will allow this action, other threads state it does harm and not to use apply to wan.

i want to know are there benefits to gaming with this feature> should i be using default? or gaming/voice

there has to be more knowledge about this. i take gaming so serious and i tell everybody about netduma.♥

• Administrators

I thought I gave this answer out awhile ago but:

Apply to WAN is an experimental feature which we haven't done a lot of testing on. In future we may decide to enable it by default if we can prove that it works and that it has no compatibility issues. Essentially it applies the same priority information tags to packets going out to the ISP. The ISP may just ignore these tags, but you may see a performance improvement through using these tags.

So potential improvement yes, downsides no - would just be prioritized as normal. So really it is up to you.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I thought I gave this answer out awhile ago but:

Apply to WAN is an experimental feature which we haven't done a lot of testing on. In future we may decide to enable it by default if we can prove that it works and that it has no compatibility issues. Essentially it applies the same priority information tags to packets going out to the ISP. The ISP may just ignore these tags, but you may see a performance improvement through using these tags.

So potential improvement yes, downsides no - would just be prioritized as normal. So really it is up to you.

thank you legend!