No blocked Servers etc. visible on GeoMap

Hi!

I just got my used Netduma R1 router and I was playing around with the GeoFilter. The Thing is, in all the tutorials/screenshots it shows all kinds of symbols for blocked connections. Although when i start up my CoD, I can't see anything. The maps stays completely empty. I got my R1 with the 3.0.171 OS version installed and I am currently waiting for my download link for the newest Beta. I added my device and activated filtering mode. Is there anything else I have to do?

Greetings from Germany

Follow these steps in the EXACT order and it works. I had this before and did the following steps in order and got it to work. 

1. Quit Warzone/Blizzard completely - including from the System tray
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Remove any set radius/polygon. 
  4. In Device Manager give the PC a PlayStation device type and apply
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option
  6. In Geo-Filter Map options untick fast search
  7. Resync the cloud
  8. Set up your radius how you like - keep Ping Assist on 0
  9. Wait 2 minutes
  10. Boot up the game

2 hours ago, Cornholio1337 said:

Hi!

I just got my used Netduma R1 router and I was playing around with the GeoFilter. The Thing is, in all the tutorials/screenshots it shows all kinds of symbols for blocked connections. Although when i start up my CoD, I can't see anything. The maps stays completely empty. I got my R1 with the 3.0.171 OS version installed and I am currently waiting for my download link for the newest Beta. I added my device and activated filtering mode. Is there anything else I have to do?

Greetings from Germany

Are you actively in game while on the Geo-filter map? You will only see active connections here, so when you're playing a game you should see a server and possibly a few peers depending on the game your playing. The only time you'll see all blocked servers on the map at once is when you boot the game and it pings all known servers.

Also, I've added you to the R1 beta, enjoy!

Hey Liam,

thanks for the quick answer. Yes I am in game and searching for a game but nothing pops up on the map.

Thanks for adding me to the beta. Maybe upgrading or using Darren method will fix this.

Greetings from Germany

Hm I'm probably wrong in this thread but how long does it normally take to upgrade to the new firmware? I downloaded the 3.0.207.sig from dropbox and went to the three dots in the upper right corner, clicked "Upgrade" and selected the file, but now the ring is just turning and after 10 minutes nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong or should I just be more patient? 🙂

Also when I click "Flush Cloud" in the GeoFilter settings it just says Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Rapp. after a while.

Sorry for bothering you guys, but I was always more like a Plug-And-Play kinda guy when it came to routers.

Greetings

When you're actively playing in game is there still nothing?

Which firmware are you updating from?

Sounds like you're upgrading correctly, it may be worth trying to factory reset, then try upgrade, then factory reset after the upgrade has complete.

The error you're getting while flushing the cloud is normal, just give it a few minutes then refresh the page and it will have successfully flushed.

No bother at all, sometimes this stuff can be confusing/difficult so we're always here to help!

2 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

When you're actively playing in game is there still nothing?

Which firmware are you updating from?

Sounds like you're upgrading correctly, it may be worth trying to factory reset, then try upgrade, then factory reset after the upgrade has complete.

The error you're getting while flushing the cloud is normal, just give it a few minutes then refresh the page and it will have successfully flushed.

No bother at all, sometimes this stuff can be confusing/difficult so we're always here to help!

Yep still nothing. Just an empty Map.

The installed firmware is 3.0.171.

Alright gonna factory reset and try again.

Thanks for the help mate. 🙂

53 minutes ago, Cornholio1337 said:

Yep still nothing. Just an empty Map.

The installed firmware is 3.0.171.

Alright gonna factory reset and try again.

Thanks for the help mate. 🙂

OK cool, let me know if you have the same issue on the new firmware.

16 hours ago, Cornholio1337 said:

Alright. Looks like factory reset and upgrade did the trick. Gonna do some testing now. Wold be nice to finally be able to play COD with my little 0.3 kd brother without him beeing torn aparty by some sweaty kids on GFUEL 😉

Thanks for the help!

Sweet! Let us know if you have any further questions :) 

He guys.

Are there any Infos about the polygon function not working properly in CoD? I tested it out and set multiple polygons in Middle East, Brazil and one on the Server location in South Korea which still has a 100 ping for some reason. But whenever i start a game and search it seems like it’s only pinging the server that is either in the polygon i set the last on the map or the one with the lowest ping. So it is searching a game for ages and most of the time it’s not finding one at all. 

Is it recommended to only set one polygon or am I doing something wrong? 

51 minutes ago, Cornholio1337 said:

He guys.

Are there any Infos about the polygon function not working properly in CoD? I tested it out and set multiple polygons in Middle East, Brazil and one on the Server location in South Korea which still has a 100 ping for some reason. But whenever i start a game and search it seems like it’s only pinging the server that is either in the polygon i set the last on the map or the one with the lowest ping. So it is searching a game for ages and most of the time it’s not finding one at all. 

Is it recommended to only set one polygon or am I doing something wrong? 

Where abouts are you located geographically? Geo-filter will only block connections, the server that you join is dependant on the game so I'd imagine it will favour the best ping. If you're setting several polygons that are very far from you, you'll probably find yourself consistently getting connected to whichever server is closest. If this server is still very distant from you, you'll also likely find that search times are greatly increased.