Can someone explain something to me? Please.

geegee05

What is the benefit of using a VPN on a console?  

I know when I used a VPN on my TV it throttled down my internet speed considerably.  (Can this/does this help on xbox live)

I use the IPv6 so no NAT and have spectrum internet it's about 235 down and 13 up.  I have done zero port forwarding since getting the xr500.  

I have used the geo filtering and it works pretty nicely.  I have been able to play with it and connect to the servers that i want to connect to.  

Just trying to get all I can get out of my purchase and I know there are people smarter than I out in the world. 

If someone could chime in and instruct me how to get the best experience gaming I would appreciate it very much.  

Thanks for posting!

Sounds like you've got a pretty sweet setup there. 

In terms of the quality of your connection, putting your console behind a VPN provides no benefit and will only increase latency. Some users use a VPN to connect to different regions around the world to see if they can find quieter/easier lobbies, but this isn't really something DumaOS is designed for so not something I can best advise on.

54 minutes ago, geegee05 said:

So.... Does the geo.filtering and the vpn practically work the same way?

Not quite, in this application a VPN would make you appear to the game server that you are in a different location to where you're actually located, whereas Geo-filter just forces the connections you've setup yourself.

19 hours ago, geegee05 said:

Gotcha... that makes sense...

last question... Would it be beneficial to do all the port forwarding for warzone...

Thank you

You'll rarely need to do this, only if you're experiencing NAT problems in Warzone! :)