Warzone - No Server Tic Rate / Packet Rate

On 5/4/2021 at 2:26 PM, Netduma Liam said:

I believe the update was pushed so I'm not sure why you'd still be having this issue, could you just confirm that you're currently running the latest verison - 1.0.3.56?

Hi there,

Yes that’s the version I’m running. 

Definitely isn’t working even after a full reset of the router. 

Cheers 

On 5/6/2021 at 9:13 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Is it just happening on that game? Does it work for others?

Warzone is the only online game I play. 

Any settings in the hg612 that could be stopping it? The firewall is off. 

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, adam01625 said:

Warzone is the only online game I play. 

Any settings in the hg612 that could be stopping it? The firewall is off. 

Possibly, you could try putting it in the ADSL modem mode as detailed here: https://support.aa.net.uk/Router_-_EchoLife_HG612 you may need to put your PPPoE details into the router then 

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, adam01625 said:

Will that not restrict my speeds? I currently get around 65 down and 18 up

No it shouldn't do, it would just pass all traffic straight through to the router

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No it shouldn't do, it would just pass all traffic straight through to the router

Ok I tried this setup but it can’t seem to connect to the net. I already had my PPoE settings in the router, any other settings I should change to get a connection?

• Administrators

If that isn't working then I don't know why it wouldn't as you will have set it up correctly following that guide. Revert it and actually after reading that, disable QoS on it and see if it works then please

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If that isn't working then I don't know why it wouldn't as you will have set it up correctly following that guide. Revert it and actually after reading that, disable QoS on it and see if it works then please

It was already disabled so still no joy I’m afraid. 

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you see the pings on Ping Heatmap at all? Could you try resyncing the Geo-Filter cloud and see whether it works?

I have an xr300 so don’t have the ping heat map. 

I tried resyncing the cloud earlier 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you try using Google Chrome please as I noticed you were using Safari

Just tried but no difference unfortunately. 

The ping, receive rate etc work fine, but the client tick rate is 0 and can’t even see anything for host tick rate 

• Administrators

Okay when you have auto ping open and it isn't showing the values, right click the ping panel, click inspect element and a window will appear on the right of the screen and look similar to this. Click on the little triangles to expand the lines for the tick rate, on mine it shows the same value as on Auto Ping - does yours show a value or is it blank?

image.png

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay when you have auto ping open and it isn't showing the values, right click the ping panel, click inspect element and a window will appear on the right of the screen and look similar to this. Click on the little triangles to expand the lines for the tick rate, on mine it shows the same value as on Auto Ping - does yours show a value or is it blank?

image.png

Hi Fraser,

It's showing the following, looks like there is no server to ping which is off as the rest of the stats show ok -

Screenshot 2021-05-08 at 23.56.13.png

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You will need to click the triangles to expand div class flex and you should see it

Ok I've found the right bit, but it appears there isn't even a class for Host Tick Rate or Client Tick rate?

Screenshot 2021-05-09 at 16.13.50.png

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Interesting, could you just give the router a reboot from the interface and see if it works?

Yeh it’s very odd. 
I’ve already done a few reboots over the past couple of days. 
Could it be a bug in the xr300 firmware?

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, adam01625 said:

Yeh it’s very odd. 
I’ve already done a few reboots over the past couple of days. 
Could it be a bug in the xr300 firmware?

Possibly yes but it wouldn't be able to be fixed until 3.0 is released unfortunately. Maybe a factory reset for a fresh install would be worth a try

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Possibly yes but it wouldn't be able to be fixed until 3.0 is released unfortunately. Maybe a factory reset for a fresh install would be worth a try

Ah what a shame. 

I’ve tried a factory reset too ☹️

On 5/9/2021 at 7:33 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

You could try reinstalling the firmware version, perhaps even doing so using the TFTP method which bypasses the boot process and any issues there https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

I gave it a try but it made no difference but thanks for trying