Opinion on QoS

I’ve been doing a bit of reading on the QoS anti bufferbloat on duma, and I’ve noticed myself with QoS off on my xr500 everything plays better. I mean I’ve tried throttling my connection the default setting that are recommended but turning the feature off still feels better. I mean something’s gotta be messed up here. What’s everyone’s thoughts on this feature?

• Administrators

If you don't suffer local congestion much then you may not need it as active as other people, if that works for you then that's great! It's all about finding the right settings for your connection, every connection is different.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Well gaming isn't using much there, Netflix will use maybe 25Mbps so you've still got plenty of bandwidth so it won't become saturated and congested

What about traffic prioritization. Having QoS on but set to never my internet is still throttled. 

• Administrators

Traffic Prioritization supersedes Congestion Control so depending on what rules you have added there it could have a big impact on your overall speeds. That's why by default it prioritizes gaming which doesn't use much bandwidth and therefore does not affect other devices.