An on-line PC is marked as off-line

Hello,

Does someone have the same issue? I have more than one PC has this issue.

My PC is marked as an off-line device, but it is on line now.

Change the MAC address of this NIC can help, but I don't know why.

960528801_2021-03-3009-50-03_Moment.thumb.jpg.72c0ad90e40adb8c2ccaa4638e1b3cc3.jpg

49 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I see you're using VMware, that might be why, if you connect without using VMware or do devices not using VMware appear online?

This PC is the host of VMware, not the guest os.

My observation is that the "fake off-line PCs" are the VMware or VirtualBox host.

But their Internet connection are normal, I don't know why they are marked as "off-line".

Hi,

Very thank you for your help. I am very happy to know the QoS still works.

Maybe I can do a test to try the QoS for the "fake off-line device".

But I still want to focus my point, this device is a VM HOST, so its NIC is not via any other device.

• 3 weeks later...

Most likely, it happened because of an incorrectly configured VMware. I think you should dig into the settings or, even better, completely change your VMware to be more sure of the root of the problem. I don't have a lot of experience in this area, but maybe I can help you with this. It would most likely be best if you had more significant app volumes. There should not be a similar problem because the program does not see your computer. Also, a speed test on your PC can help with this, but I think that it is worth checking at the very last moment when there is nothing else to do.