I think my router is a brick :/

Hi Guys,

I’ve followed steps in the forum to reset the router, but all have failed.

After many attempts pushing the reset button for 25 seconds/30 seconds/60 seconds or longer, I still cannot access the router by wifi or cable.

Via wifi I receive a message saying things have changed please input your password, but the password on the bottom of the router fails to connect and neither does the password I had set previously.

Via browser connected to a device by RJ45 on IP 192.168.77.1 it fails to get passed validation after hanging for some time.  The message it gives is “The server at 192.168.77.1 is taking too long to respond”

Thanks in advance for your help!

James

There is a known issue with WiFi passwords, try the password conversion method here: 

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000117883-i-ve-received-the-r2-but-the-wifi-password-doesn-t-work

let us know how you both get on

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, JityJityBangBang said:

OK, so add 1 to every 3rd character, apart from the 12th.  You guys should have built the Enigma machine!

any feedback, text me on 07887 211 666, but add 3 to every prime number 😂 

All joking aside, worked a treat.  Thanks 🙏 

Haha brilliant! It's a mistake at the factory and we worked out that somehow they're all off by that pattern, don't know how they managed that one but we'll fix it