Geo-Filter stopped showing up

This started to happen today actully. I have done all the ways to factory reset. I have spoken to Netgear sweden support, and they are going to replace my current router to a new and fresh one, same model. 

If we can resolve it so why not. What are the troubleshootings? I have resetted it many times before so you know. Is there anyway to reset the router by a USB drive?

• Administrators

I'd suggest reinstalling the firmware using the TFTP method here: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

That bypasses the boot process and any issues there, then do a factory reset from the interface and that will provide the freshest install possible and hopefully resolve it. No way via USB.

I don't understand this step: Connect a PC wired to the router and set it to have a static IP address (example 192.168.1.10).

Should I connect my pc directly to the router's WAN or the other ports, from 1 to 4? And which device should have a Static IP adress, my pc or the router?

• Administrators

On the Internet Adapter settings on your PC is where you need to set the static IP, just use 192.168.1.100 for example. DNS you should be able to ignore it but otherwise 192.168.1.1

Ethernet cable in LAN port (one of the 1-4 ports)

should the router recive ethernet connection? Should I remove ethernet cable from WAN port?

This step won't work for my router: 

1. Turn router OFF for 10 seconds.
  2. Hold down the reset button on the back of router with a paper clip.
  3. Power ON the router while holding down the reset button.
  4. Watch the Power LED. It starts with an orange color, and then start flashing.
  5. Count at least 10 flashing power LED and release the reset button.

I have the router XR300.

and this doesn't work either

C:\Users\AZD>cd desktop

C:\Users\AZD\Desktop>tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put XR300-V1.0.3.56_10.3.41.chk
'tftp' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Is there other steps, because this tfpt step isn't working.

C:\Users\AZD\Desktop>tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put XR300-V1.0.3.56_10.3.41.chk
 Connect request failed

As I said earlier, this step:

1. Turn router OFF for 10 seconds.
  2. Hold down the reset button on the back of router with a paper clip.
  3. Power ON the router while holding down the reset button.
  4. Watch the Power LED. It starts with an orange color, and then start flashing.
  5. Count at least 10 flashing power LED and release the reset button.

Doesn't work.

The router is totally bricked. I'm gonna swap my current router to a new one. But thanks for the assist anyway. 

Regards.

I have tried that but it didn't work, still having the issue, it must be a bug in the latest firmware version.

I'm gonna install the first firmware version and connect the xr300 router to my IPS's router for security. And wait until I get my replacement of xr300 router.

I think it is more like a bug that needs to be fixed with a new update, but you guys just prioritise other routers that get updates regulary. If I knew, I would not buy the XR300 router.