Geo filter allow/deny

Kfetish

Hello netduma community. The issue I'm concerned about is that I've spent the last two days denying and allowing servers on cod cold war. What I'm curious about is, is it common to NEVER connect to a server I have allowed? I play within a 450 mi. radius and always connect to servers in the same area, however when I find one I like and allow it I never play on that server again. Every time I click on a server in that area it has a different "ID" and I have to deny or allow again.  I'm under the impression that the servers we see on the ping heatmap and the ones that show up momentarily on the geo filter when we launch the game, aren't single servers. How do ppl narrow it down and continue to play on a server they find that they like? Every game I have played I have either allowed or denied and I quit the game after making any adjustments to the geo filter, but my list is becoming long af. I thought the idea of the geo filter was to be able to pick and choose particular servers, or are there simply too many for that to be the case and instead it helps us play in a general area, say closer to our actual location? For example I'm playing on the server clusters in Texas and Oklahoma. When the game starts two servers sometimes pop up in Texas and four to five pop up in Oklahoma. I mainly play on the ones in Oklahoma. They vary in ping from 30ms-70ms in game. For each of those icons are there multiple servers? 

The other issue I've ran into is when I have ping assist set it almost always tries to connect me to a server overseas that meets the ping criteria. The problem is these servers are always trash despite it saying the ping is 18ms. Ping heatmap does not show any servers in that area even close to 40ms let alone 18. There are multiple servers in the US that meet the ping assist I've been setting (38), but its overseas servers or nothing. I've removed my device from geo filter, shut down the game, resynch cloud which always gives me the message about it taking longer than expected, wait a few before using the rapp so idk if it even resynchs, re added my device, and it still only wants to connect me there 9 times outta 10. I've blocked as many servers from that area that I can, but I gave up and just put ping assist at 0 and only play within my circle. 

Sorry for the long winded questions. Thx in advance for any light you can shed. 

Geo-filter will generally always connect to the closest server with the lowest latency, that's how it tries to ensure a good in-game experience. You could try drawing polygons around the specific servers that you enjoy and search that way? 

If you shrink your radius down as small as possible and put it out in the middle of the ocean with your ping assist still set (such that you're searching exclusively by ping assist), do you connect to the same problematic servers?

Yes I do. Pretty much servers in the area only, and those servers are most definitely not the closest or the lowest ping. I live in Louisiana and there are servers in Texas, that I almost never connect to. I make sure to name the servers I allow and deny in order to see if I come across them again. Like I said I never seem to get to play on the same server twice, after days of trying. 

9 hours ago, Kfetish said:

Yes I do. Pretty much servers in the area only, and those servers are most definitely not the closest or the lowest ping. I live in Louisiana and there are servers in Texas, that I almost never connect to. I make sure to name the servers I allow and deny in order to see if I come across them again. Like I said I never seem to get to play on the same server twice, after days of trying. 

Sure, experiment with allowing/denying servers you enjoy/don't enjoy and see if you start getting put on the same servers consistently, you could also experiment with using ping assist to accommodate for any low-latency servers that may be outside of your radius.