Grouping of devices?

Is there any way to group devices together?   It would be SUPER helpful not only to actually see groups on the network map, but also to allocate bandwidth priority by groups instead of individual devices.  For example, lightbulbs, thermostats, etc, clearly low priority.  Adult work computers and other adult devices, high priority.   Kids devices, lower priority.    With so many people working from home these days, I'm sure this has been suggested already, and hopefully it's in the works.   Trying to manage download/upload priorities with the current set up is not user friendly at all when you have a connected home/family.    My next resort is to start changing the password during working hours so the kids can't use up all the bandwidth while I'm trying to work!  

image.thumb.png.a9aec57c7e97a2feabf0fca502c35dad.png

image.thumb.png.d41d0133dafe24fd5d88fc3952dc282b.png

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

That's a lot of devices! That's not currently possible but something we may implement in the future. I would recommend in the Device Manager Network Map option menu you click the option to remove offline devices, that will help a lot. What are your paid for/expected speeds?

Yeah, we are a tech heavy family of 6 so it's hard to keep track of everything.  

I don't see the option to remove offline devices.   I just verified that router has the latest firmware, so maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot?  We pay for 400MB down, which holds well when I test during non-peak times.  The upload speed is usually low 20's (again non-peak); however, when everyone is home and kids are playing games while at the same time watching YouTube in the background, and are also FaceTiming with friends .     I have no clue how they each have 3-4 things going at once anyway, but they frequently do!   So 12-16 devices simultaneously and actively using bandwidth just from kids....not including what the adults need to use for work.  Needless to say, things start dragging.   

image.png.c63819f3fbff3ebc9c64c5dec1285464.png

• Administrators

Ah sorry that will be on the beta then, you can download it from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mwe5sx81gsc129/XR500-V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203.img?dl=0 if you would like to try it. 

Are you using Anti-Bufferbloat? That feature alone should be able to handle all that without actually using Bandwidth Allocation

• 1 month later...