Some Questions / Problems I found...

Boixa

Hi, 

After Trying to setup my R2 Yesterday, i have encountered a series of Problems / questions:

• The Setup Wizzard will not Accept WifI passwords with centain Characters. Something like $Ecure-9875 will Fail to be accepted
  • There is a menu to set my own DNS Server on the WAN side, but only for ipv4. Ipv6 will always use the DHCPv6 Provided Server
  • Adblock conflicts with a lot of APPs on IOS. rendering this APPs unusable. (not that important, there is a lot posibilities to Fine tune this, but maybe PopUp a warning for this)
  • No Vlan Tagging on WAN Side. (witch I find Stupid anyway, but is needed for cetain Configurations here in germany, and if I recall correctly also in the UK)
  • No posibility (or complicated)  to "Split Tunnels" on VPN Configs. (if I use a own Openvpn server to reach some other networks (Homeoffice) The router will always set the VPN to Channel traffic for everything a designated client sends. I understand this VPN feature is more intended for other uses. But it would be great if it also could be used to "Globally" route only the intended Data to the needed Networks, keeping everything else in the standart Routes/Gateway. More like a Site to Site VPN / Roadwarrior VPN. Great for Homeoffice use.
  • Missing more options for WIfi (Signal Survey, DFS Channels, Output Power, and Band Steering.

For everything else, Thak you

• Administrators

To answer your questions:

• I believe we did expand on what we would allow the WiFi to accept, could you try to change it on the WiFi page and see if it is accepted? Otherwise I'll make a ticket to accept more characters.
  • We're aware of that, we'll implement it soon.
  • Could you report them here please? https://forum.netduma.com/topic/31968-adblocker-unwanted-block-reporting-thread/ We can then work on resolving that. You can also use the whitelist feature for any you need access to quickly.
  • We're working on that right now
  • If I've understood you correctly that is exactly what you're able to do with HybridVPN only apply the VPN to certain traffic/applications/services/ports
  • We're improving WiFi at the moment so you may see more on this in future as well

Hi Fraser,

I am currently making a list of the apps that don't work like they should. Maybe I can shed some light to improve the Adblock

I'm happy tho hear that so many features are coming to this environment. I was afraid that I did not manage to explain myself regarding the Hybrid VPN, the feature I'm looking for is to apply VPN for selected devices (or all of them) to certain destination Networks. Maybe better to explain with an Example:

My Lan has 192.168.77.x

I have a ovpn Connection to a ovpn Server that gives me access to lets say 10.0.0.x and 192.168.88.x. Now I want to designate a device (or more) that can get access to this new route, but without having to route the whole traffic for this device through the tunnel, and without having to designate single rules/ports/applications to trigger the routing for this device(s), or listing applications that are not to be included in this tunnel:  192.168.77.60 want's something from 10.0.0.1? route him through the tunnel, no matter what the app or port, for everything else use the default routes of the Router. 

Maybe it can be done right now, but the I must confess, I did not find/understand the way to accomplish this.

Thank you for replaying my post.

Cheers

Boixa