Talk Talk Bridge Mode

HerbsOTW

Please save me from my tech nightmare...

Had a few initial issues setting up the duma (unable to find internet), but eventually solved them. I then discovered the need to put your ISP router into bridge mode to avoid double NAT type.

As far as I can see on the talk talk hub and from searching they don't offer a bridge mode. I had a look around and found this reddit thread which basically said if you use a BT Business Hub 5 that has a bridge mode and talk talk allow you to use any router if you change the settings as per here.   BT router plugged in and the internet doesn't work, I've no idea where to input those settings and I've spent a total of 4 hours on the phone to BT and talk talk and not got very far.

Can somebody please please help me?   That may be a workaround outside of bridge mode that avoids double NAT type or if someone has experience with using none talk talk routers with a talk talk line that would help as well.

My duma is basically just a very expensive cool looking ornament at the minute :(

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You don't need to use bridge mode, you can use the DMZ instead. If you have a look on the hub can you find a DMZ option?

I'm on talk talk best thing to do is pick up a BT modem they are reliable and cheap.

1.jfif

Thanks for your speedy reply both.  @Netduma Fraser does the screen grab below look right?

Web pages are also really slow to load when I go via the duma compared to the talk talk router. Any idea what's causing that?

@ONEovFOUR I picked up a BT Business Hub 5, but the internet won't work when I plug it in. Any idea what the crack with that is? Any settings you had to change etc?
BT and Talk talk have been next to useless

Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 17.48.18.png

1 minute ago, ONEovFOUR said:

Sorry no idea about the hub.

Did you just plug yours in and it worked as if it was the talk talk router? I tried that route initially and have had little success, so I think going down the route fraser mentioned may be my only hope 

IMG_1742.jpg.bad8f912562b3e4ab77e37fd324fbb28.jpg

Gave that a whirl and this is what my xbox series X says. You don't have any idea why the internet is being slower for devices linked to the duma as well do you?

That's when I try to connect the duma to the xbox

Update: Had a look around the xbox forums and it said to reset routers and xbox. 

All problems now solved it seems, nat type open and my internet is now running at normal speed.

@Netduma Fraser thanks for your help with this. 4 hours of BT/Talk talk 'Engineers' going around in circles and you fixed it in 15 minutes. Bravo

One final question then I'll stop hassling you. 3 lights next to the power are constantly flashing over and over. Is that normal or is there something wrong with my duma? I've switched remote access on in duma OS in case you fine folk need to take a look