Lag in NDI with R2

Dunpeal

Hello, I have a NetDuma R2 and I have problems when using NDI (Newteck) because when transmitting the information from PC1 -> PC2 with ndi activated, lag occurs, this does not happen if I use the router provided by the internet provider Also, another curious thing happens and it is that I have a switch connected to R2 and if I use the switch to connect my Pc1 and Pc2 the NDI works correctly, that is, lag only occurs when the pcs are connected directly to R2.

Greetings

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Are both PCs connected via the same method i.e. ethernet & ethernet or wifi & ethernet for example? If different try using the same method to see if that works please.

I know, it is very strange but that is already deactivated because the QoS is also deactivated before and because of connecting the PCs to Wi-Fi, I do not have that possibility since they are desktop and I do not have an antenna for it.
Thank you

chrome_2021-03-07_01-12-43.png

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Very strange, can you disable QoS completely from the Congestion Control 3 line option menu and try again? If that doesn't work, try connecting them both to WiFi.

I have been able to perform the test from a wifi tablet with NDI to the ethernet PC and there is still lag.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that's good, does that help at all?

it has not solved anything, now I am reinstalling the latest firmware in case it was something like that

After reinstalling, I have seen that nothing changes, just as he had told me. Seeing this I have reviewed the data and I have verified several things that are very peculiar.

1. When seeing the movement of traffic, the upload is perfectly reflected in the graph but the download is always at 0 and that is physically impossible when, for example, you are viewing anything on YouTube.

2. Seeing this it occurred to me to try something, I have put my internet provider router (movistar) as usual and I have connected the netduma router below, without using the wan port and I have made several checks connecting a PC to movistar and another PC to netduma when sending data from PC-netduma to PC-movistar, the NDI data transmission goes perfect but when data is sent from PC-movistar to PC-netduma the NDI data transmission has lag, so I have reached the conclusion that the problem is when it comes to receiving information in the netduma, that is why the download graph is always at 0.

I hope that with this information you can give me a more adequate answer.

explorer_2021-03-08_00-49-44.thumb.jpg.76498cfe00da49f7f1e32a681c925992.jpgI do not see that that will really help us, because I do not pretend that they will be like that definitely, it has only been to do a test and see possibilities, in the end the movistar will remain in bridge mode and connected by wan to the netduma.

The problem of downloading data persists even when I use only the netduma and I don't see a way to solve it in any option of the router since I have everything disabled so that it does not interfere.

What I would like to know, is how it can be that the netduma says that there is no download when clearly I am downloading information.

Today when I get home from work I will place the Movistar router in single position and connect the netduma by wan to modify what they tell me on the equipment as they will definitely go, in addition to verifying the initial problem with the ndi

hello again, I resume the thread and as I mentioned yesterday to avoid confusion I have reset the netduma and connected by wan to the router of my internet provider (movistar).

I have taken up the indications that were in the previous conversations and I have applied them in the netduma, then I leave links with the images of the same applied.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AimJHVMnq8othIl-Rynx5hBKtRCWsg?e=lEk838

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AimJHVMnq8othIl9a8HpIRq0CfvVWg?e=da8mMp

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AimJHVMnq8othIl8ekw_f-ug2kf_fw?e=oE6n8j

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AimJHVMnq8othIl_tMbC_LDnPmSEWg?e=Yt8Xvp

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AimJHVMnq8othIl75pEBVlY5zVoh8w?e=2hijOG

This still does not give the desired result when using the NDI (Newteck) because the lag in the data transmission continues.

But that the netduma is in pppoe would be the correct configuration to put my movistar router in single-user mode, what you told me would not generate that the netduma would become a subnet of the movistar?

I edit the message because I have made more checks: if I leave the netduma as a simple router and connect a PC to another PC in lan, only using the netduma as a switch, I still have the problem of lag with the NDI

• Administrators

The movistar would be in router mode, handling PPPoE (if applicable), the movistar would give an IP to the R2 within it's own subnet and the R2 would give devices IPs within the R2 subnet. Different subnets isn't a bad thing necessarily. 

On 3/10/2021 at 1:16 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

The movistar would be in router mode, handling PPPoE (if applicable), the movistar would give an IP to the R2 within it's own subnet and the R2 would give devices IPs within the R2 subnet. Different subnets isn't a bad thing necessarily. 

I have done what you ask and the result is the same as always when using NDI (newtek) to share information over the network, I continue to have lag

The data transmission problems over NDI persist even though the R2 is used as a simple switch, without providing internet service, only connecting the power, PC1 and PC2 for data transmission, even so the lag problem persists

• Administrators

There isn't much else we can really change that would affect this - are you using the Adblocker on the router? 

I don't think we've ever tried to use the router for that purpose so may be something we need to try and reproduce and get the devs to look into.

On 3/12/2021 at 1:10 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

There isn't much else we can really change that would affect this - are you using the Adblocker on the router? 

I have not used the Adblocker at any time, it is disabled.