Tried DMZ, still Strict NAT Type

MXJS19

I have an Xfinity Modem/Router that I plug my NetDuma R2 and I enabled DMZ on my Xfinity modem using the WAN IP Address in system information. I have also tried opening ports on the Netduma using a reserved IP for my computer. Finally I have tried turning on DMZ on my Netduma router using the reserved IP address that I assigned to my computer. I am still getting a strict NAT type on Warzone/Modern Warfare. 

Do you guys have any suggestion of what I can do to fix this?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Go to Windows Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking, let the test run, what does NAT Type say? Don't worry it usually fails, so click fix it, then run the test again, what does it say then? 

Are you using the Geo-Filter I assume? If you disable this and then boot up the game does it appear as open or moderate?

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Go to Windows Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking, let the test run, what does NAT Type say? Don't worry it usually fails, so click fix it, then run the test again, what does it say then? 

Are you using the Geo-Filter I assume? If you disable this and then boot up the game does it appear as open or moderate?

I had to hit fix it and then after it says that my NAT type was open. I booted up the game, but it is still giving me a strict NAT type. I have Geo-Filter disabled and it was giving me a strict NAT.

• Administrators

If your PC is getting an Open NAT then the game can't possibly be getting a strict NAT, that's impossible. Do you play with people on PC? What are their NAT types? Are any moderate and if so can you connect to them?

Yes I play with other people and their NAT type is open. I used to have an open NAT type when I connect straight to my Xfinity modem, not sure why I am getting a strict nat.