vpn and geo filter help

cgrimm76

I set up a vpn i have pure vpn and it says i am connected to my vpn. but when i go to a website that I ask where is my ip it shows where I am at not my vpn.  so I know Its not working

second I have set up geo filtering and I know I am not seeing any difference in my ping. I even tried to make me play in china or whatever and I still connect to the local servers here in the usa. I tried many things still the same results my ping is always around 80 

I need help as well. I used the VPN that is offered which is "Pure VPN" I connect to where ever, lets use Afghanistan for example. Well what am I talking about...I cant even connect to a game in general. If I have to listen to " big turkey wheet" voice on YouTube for another second I am going to shoot myself. 

I want reaaaaaaal simple instructions

1- Set your Vpn to the country of Angola

2- Go to your geo filter select.... etc etc etc 

This is getting absolutely insane, do you leave it on auto ping? off auto ping? why on some peoples YouTube videos I see ' spectator mode" in their geo filter, I dont have that. I cant pick any server I want, honestly ...since I received the R2. It took 40 hours to set up properly to my modem, and have not spent the rest trying to get into a game...the reason we all got this,. to somehow play against randoms in Africa who just started playing. I dont care anymore, judge away. 

Why dont you guys have a phone number? so so so confusing. 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, cgrimm76 said:

I set up a vpn i have pure vpn and it says i am connected to my vpn. but when i go to a website that I ask where is my ip it shows where I am at not my vpn.  so I know Its not working

second I have set up geo filtering and I know I am not seeing any difference in my ping. I even tried to make me play in china or whatever and I still connect to the local servers here in the usa. I tried many things still the same results my ping is always around 80 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

How have you added your device to Hybrid VPN? The IP can cache as well so rebooting the specific can then make it report correctly. 

What are your Geo-Filter settings exactly? Where are you based roughly?

9 hours ago, Lao Ban said:

I need help as well. I used the VPN that is offered which is "Pure VPN" I connect to where ever, lets use Afghanistan for example. Well what am I talking about...I cant even connect to a game in general. If I have to listen to " big turkey wheet" voice on YouTube for another second I am going to shoot myself. 

I want reaaaaaaal simple instructions

1- Set your Vpn to the country of Angola

2- Go to your geo filter select.... etc etc etc 

This is getting absolutely insane, do you leave it on auto ping? off auto ping? why on some peoples YouTube videos I see ' spectator mode" in their geo filter, I dont have that. I cant pick any server I want, honestly ...since I received the R2. It took 40 hours to set up properly to my modem, and have not spent the rest trying to get into a game...the reason we all got this,. to somehow play against randoms in Africa who just started playing. I dont care anymore, judge away. 

Why dont you guys have a phone number? so so so confusing. 

That may be what you purchased the router for but it is not the intended use of the Geo-Filter and therefore forcing games that far away will give you a high ping, long search times and may result in you not getting a game at all. 

Setup the VPN, add the device to the VPN, add the Device to the Geo-Filter, set the location of wherever you're using the VPN, the default settings other than that are fine and it may force you on them. Spectator mode is on older firmware versions, disabling Filtering Mode will do the same thing. We're a small company so phone support would drastically reduce the amount of people we are able to help in a day.