Ps5 nat type strict cold war

ij10big

39 minutes ago, ij10big said:

when I play cold war the nat type it says strict , also says it when I checked the ps5 network what can I do?. I got the xr500

Thanks

Do you have UPnP turned on? Have you port forwarded the PS4 or PS5? These two things work for me. After making the changes on the router reset the PS4 or PS5. (Power it off and on again)

• Administrators

What is your exact physical setup? - What is the XR connected to, what is the model of it? Is it a pure modem (no wifi) or a modem/router (wifi)? If the latter how have you set it up to ensure an open NAT?

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, ij10big said:

Is modem/roueter but the only thing conected is the xr500 i use  the xr500 for wifi and the ps5 is conected via lan

Have you put that in modem mode or put the XR WAN IP in its DMZ? You will need to do something like that to ensure an open NAT on devices connecting to the XR.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you put that in modem mode or put the XR WAN IP in its DMZ? You will need to do something like that to ensure an open NAT on devices connecting to the XR.

I just did that to be sure it stays strict

• Administrators

Yes that is good thanks. You don't need to cover the IP as it is a local IP. Do you have Parental Control or UPnP or anything enabled on the Technicolor? If so it would be better to turn off all of that as it can cause this issue.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that is good thanks. You don't need to cover the IP as it is a local IP. Do you have Parental Control or UPnP or anything enabled on the Technicolor? If so it would be better to turn off all of that as it can cause this issue.

Sorry about that , the parental control ,the UPnP yes ok let me see when i turned off

6 minutes ago, ij10big said:

Sorry about that , the parental control ,the UPnP yes ok let me see when i turned off

I turned off and still giving me the strict but in the ps5 is type 2

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay that's progress so the console is getting an open NAT. On the XR WAN Settings switch NAT to open and see if it is open on the game.

Did it but it stays strict

• Administrators

That doesn't really make any sense, have you got any other port/NAT settings active such as port forwarding, triggering etc?

Are you able to put the technicolor in bridge/modem mode instead?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If the console is NAT Type 2 then that is open and it's impossible for the game to be strict. Do you have any friends who have a moderate NAT type? If so can you connect to them?

I dont know wht I am doing wrong

20210306_195428.jpg

20210306_195330.jpg