DumaOS IOS

HI Guys.

Just wondering as iam new to Duma and Netgear does the DumaOS app work or is that still in Alpha mode ive tried logging in but get the error message DumaOS mobile app is only compatible with DumaOS version 3.0 and higher you will have to forgive me is 3.0 not out as of yet. loving the software buy the way really good.

• Administrators

It does work but it is only compatible with routers running DumaOS 3.0. You can try the beta for the XR500 which will then allow you to try the app. 

Here is the latest version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mwe5sx81gsc129/XR500-V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203.img?dl=0 if you do upgrade then I would suggest doing a factory reset afterwards. Here is the beta community, by using the firmware you agree to the NG firmware policy https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

Arrr ok i wasnt sure what version i was on iam not very confident with this new router yet is it relativly simple to install and i presume if things go wrong i can always revert back and thanks for the help.

• Administrators

It is yes so you download the .img file, go to the router interface, go to Settings > Administration > Firmware Update > Click browse, click the file, upload then click upgrade. Leave it to upgrade for 2 minutes then access the interface again, you should see that it has changed. Then go to Settings > Administration > Backup settings then click erase to factory reset. Wait 2 minutes then access the interface and complete the setup wizard, then you're done!

If you want to downgrade the download one of the previous firmware files then repeat the upgrade process with that file instead.